Forums

Help › Forums

"Great Wedge News"

Wed, Mar 18 2015 12:06 PM (20 replies)
  • donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 10:16 AM

I'm waiting to see that gold, 300 yard, CC clash reward, Max driver ...

10 precision

9 forgiveness

6 meter

2 spin

800000 credits

• MUSTAQBAL1
    270 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 1:05 PM

I bought them because now all the clubs in my bag are the same meter speed.  my old clevelands were just a bit faster than everything else.

• 100plus
    801 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 1:11 PM

For all those that buy the new wedges,keep your old high end CW,s in inventory as they are no longer available in proshop and you get next to nothing for them when selling back to WGT.

trev

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 8:38 AM

phred952:

SP,

Please post how you're doing with those new wedges...I've read your other reviews of clubs, and i trust your input.  I'm not quite ready for new wedges yet, but I'll be planning long before they're unlocked and available to me.  Thanks, and keep hitting them long and straight.

Phred952

Hey Phred...so far things are rollin' nicely. I have replaced my Max 75 yarder with the new Cleve 80 yarder (it is just...better) and is a permanent move. I love the new Cleve 115 yarder and carry it most times...it is a dandy. I'm now moving to the 100 yard Cleve to see if it will evict my 100 yard Max`````I'll let you know..... 

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 9:33 AM

SweetiePie:
    I love the new Cleve 115 yarder and carry it most times..

I may be a little dense but why would you want the 115 yard wedge when the wedge in the Nike set is rated at 120?  A 5 yard spread between the wedge in the iron set and the first optional wedge seems little small. And for me anyway the wedge in the Nike set is quite good. On paper anyway a set up with 100-80-and 60 would be better. 

I just got the new Cleveland 10-60-80 yard wedges and they are even better than the CG 16's due to the slower meter and the extra forgiveness. But what impressed me most about them was the ability to add a tiny amount of backspin with the 100 and 80 yard wedges and have them just hop and stop. The old CG 16's even with just a tiny amount of bs and the ball could end up backing up 10 feet or more. Of course so far I have only added back spin with the 100 and 80 yard wedges. They really look good so far. 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 12:00 PM

borntobesting:
    I may be a little dense but why would you want the 115 yard wedge when the wedge in the Nike set is rated at 120?

Dense ? Joe ?...no way. Never heard that one. Point well taken. I don't carry it at all times, but sometimes, often, I will carry 4 wedges knowing that my 225 3-iron is a banger and though voiding a 3-wood eagle option, I am able to produce as many birdies, if not more, with a 4-wedge set up. It makes available the full-punch-pitch-flop options while the 3-wood only full & punch. At the smaller yardage game, this wider choice of increments is of more value.  One thing is certain. I won't be thinking about dumping my 50 yard Max wedge. I never leave home without it. ;-}   

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 2:38 PM

Thanks for the info, SP.  I'm still using my lvl 39 ATV's and been thinking for a while about buying new wedges to help my game.  As a lvl 80 Master, I know lowering my average to 63 to move up to the next tier is going to be tough.  Like some of the other players who talk about it, i also have some reflex problems on some days...(time and gravity take their toll on us all eventually!!!  LOL.).   I don't see being able to wait until I can get the max spins, and I think the slightly slower meter speed on these will help me more.  I'll probably buy either the 60 yd or 80 yd first and try it out.  Please keep me posted how you're doing with them.  Hit them where you're aiming.

Thanks,

Phred952

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 3:46 PM

I put in the wrong wedges...I meant the Max Meter lvl91's, not the Max Spins.  Phred052

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2015 3:48 PM

I can't type today...Phred952

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2015 11:22 AM

.....and so, I moved forward to the new Cleve 100 yarder, gave it a fair go, and now must say "so long" to my dear old friend, the Max 100 yarder. That means that I am firmly beholden to the Cleve 115-100-80 yarders....they are quite special; for me, the best to date....that said, the Cleve 60 yarder has no future in my life, no chance to evict my Max 50 yarder....no chance   ;-} 

RSS