Forums

Help › Forums

"Great Wedge News"

Wed, Mar 18 2015 12:06 PM (20 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2015 11:43 AM

Yep, I went ahead and bought all the new Cleve' wedges...ya know what that means? It means that in a week or two there will be new wedges introduced with a 4.0 or 3.5 meter & 5,0 precision...and I did it for you !  ~ SP ~

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2015 11:55 AM

SP,

Please post how you're doing with those new wedges...I've read your other reviews of clubs, and i trust your input.  I'm not quite ready for new wedges yet, but I'll be planning long before they're unlocked and available to me.  Thanks, and keep hitting them long and straight.

Phred952

• SafariMan62
    222 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2015 12:32 PM

SweetiePie:
    Yep, I went ahead and bought all the new Cleve' wedges

In the past we had debates over the R1 vs Big Bertha drivers, r11's vs g20's and now nike 97's irons, and now new vs old cleveland wedges......

The deal is this.....100 yards & in MAKES the day for your win.....learn your wedge(Whatever) (punch, full, half power) combine that with putting, putting, & more putting (again, your weapon of choice) and you will get a mighty happy experience with your days on WGT.!

have a good day all,

Johnny

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2015 12:58 PM

Nothing about them really appears game-breaking.  I imagine they'd be as good as the old Cleves or ATVs with enough practice.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2015 1:55 PM

I`m waiting for the new Nike Vapor driver to go with the new irons . Hopefully it will be introduced at a sensible level ( below level 100 ) for players to enjoy .

• tiger319
    1,186 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2015 2:42 PM

MichaelStroke:

Nothing about them really appears game-breaking. 

Agreed..

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2015 3:56 PM

Since they replace other similar Cleveland wedges, if your game is fairly complete and you are using the "old" wedges there seems to be little reason to rush out and buy these clubs. If you are in the market for new wedges, a complete set of the Cleveland wedges will run you 6380 (4 in the set ) credits. WGT markets like golf club manufacturers: they know that some of us HAVE to have newest and greatest no matter the cost. The Cleveland wedges are great, but the small advantages that the new ones offer seem marginal to me until I try them during a free rental weekend.  Perhaps WGT should have one of those weekends to convince people like me to upgrade. But for those people that need especially good wedges, they should put their credits down for these.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2015 4:14 PM

other than a slower meter I dont see how they can be any better than the old ones for my game...I tried the new irons with the level 48 nike ball instead of the lvl 61 with the thought of buying them but didn't like it, so no new ones for me.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 6:17 AM

All of the top wedges (Cleves, Max, ATV) are equally yoked it seems to me. I've owned and played with all of them. I still prefer the Max set but that is not to imply they are the best...just best for me and the way I play the short game. ~ SP ~

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 8:54 AM

I think ur right Lonnie, can't be far away.

3500 and level  100

RSS