Help › Forums

inconsistency

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 29 2010 10:21 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Nov 29 2010 1:11 AM

There is alot of weird things like this happening. I've noticed it alot meself. My stupid way of thinking now is , ya get to a certain stage/level and the game tests ya out until you start to level out and shoot low scores again and/or get back to normal and then the whole process will start to happen again.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Mon, Nov 29 2010 2:51 AM

Remember, the inconsistancies only really show their ugly head in ready go's (any thing with credits riding on them) WGT usually bum 1 in 5 shots to make it realistic, but mostly i've noticed its more like 3 out of 5 in ready go's.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Mon, Nov 29 2010 9:19 AM

andypat:

oneputtdavid:

andypat:

What I would like to know is how do you get the same wind 7 out of 9 holes at ST A's impossible all but 2 were headwinds the others were sidewinds a tailwind every now and again wouldn't go amiss, but that is what I have just had in my RG so much for varying winds.

I forget the year, when Jack Nicholson won using a 1-iron off the tee's, due to those varying wind gusts.  

yes varying wind not all head on, explain how a head on wind on 17 and then walk across to the 18th and magically the wind has changed direction from a side wind to head on eerr! don't think so as the buildings would affect the wind

AP'...I think one thing has been overlooked....headwind on everyhole vs varying wind vs wind gusts. WGT's version of wind speed and direction is constant, in other words does not vary. So without changing the wind speed/direction for each hole or for that matter every shot, you could interpret it as "wind gusts" which in reality could come from any direction. Only way to make it fair for each competitor.

This is one part of the game where WGT has not tried to implement realism. And for that matter, glad they didn't. Imagine setting up a shot for Xwind @ Xdirection and in the middle of your swing (meter) a gust appears from a complete opposite direction!  

It happens in real life golf and has happen to me more than once.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Mon, Nov 29 2010 9:42 AM

The winds are random only the general wind speed is not random. This was explained in some detail by WTGniv about a year ago.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Mon, Nov 29 2010 9:46 AM

oneputtdavid:

andypat:

What I would like to know is how do you get the same wind 7 out of 9 holes at ST A's impossible all but 2 were headwinds the others were sidewinds a tailwind every now and again wouldn't go amiss, but that is what I have just had in my RG so much for varying winds.

Go back to the last 25-30 years of Majors played at STA and you will see that exact scenario

I forget the year, when Jack Nicholson won using a 1-iron off the tee's, due to those varying wind gusts.  

I don't remember Jack Nicholson winning anything except maybe an Oscar. I do however remember Jack Nicklaus winning many tourneys with that 1 iron. Sorry couldn't resist.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Mon, Nov 29 2010 10:09 AM

borntobesting:
    I don't remember Jack Nicholson winning anything except maybe an Oscar. I do however remember Jack Nicklaus winning many tourneys with that 1 iron. Sorry couldn't resist

Hey BTB, give an old man a break! ...memory "first" thing to go u know.;(...lol

I think what happened, using spell check, I inadvertly hit Nicholson instead of Nicklaus.....Yea that's it, thats what happened. Disreguard my memory loss statement.;) LOL X 2

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Mon, Nov 29 2010 10:21 AM

borntobesting:

The winds are random only the general wind speed is not random. This was explained in some detail by WTGniv about a year ago.

Are u saying that the wind "speed" changes (without warning) at different times during the course of every shot? And could be different for each player? 

• PAGES
RSS