Help › Forums

inconsistency

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 29 2010 10:21 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Heath021
    378 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2010 3:55 PM

I have not written a post in the 2 years being a member...but now I am a little agitated about WGT's inconsistencies. I was 7 under through 15 holes on BP ton a ready go 18 tournament, when all of a sudden my meter went crazy and the putting green seem so inconsistent. Ive been playing long enough to know how far to hit a 2.8ft putt on #16 goes. the putt came up short and the same happened on #18. All in all WGT cost me 6 strokes in 3 holes. Probably cost me a first place in the tournament. I guess that is what we have to putt up with though. Oh Well!!!

• Skankbucket
    1 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2010 4:42 PM

I'm a pretty new player but this game has severe inconsistencies. Convenient for WGT you can't record a replay of every shot because I could prove it. I say that because you read posts complaining and everybody and their mother comes out of the woodwork to defend the developer's and insult even someone with a legitimate complaint. It does say it's a beta version so yes you do have to put up with it somewhat.

Shame on WGT for charging for a "beta" game though (if you choose to buy credits which I did once and now regret it). I finally had to post because it's been getting so irritating, I just hit a drive with an 8mph wind just a hair off "excellent" and it flew erratically way off to the left...huh? I have loads more examples. I may even set up my video recorder to make movies of it since I know there will be people on WGT payroll or developer kiss-ups who will say it's me.

Anyway I don't recommend anyone spend actual money or expect a consistent gameplay at this stage of "beta".

• PGAbound67
    565 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2010 5:03 PM

Not once have I ever experienced the green speed changing mid round, never. In all honesty, I find the game to be fairly consistent...however, I have noticed a change in the VEM lately, at least that's what I interpret it to be. I played a round yesterday and it didnt matter if I dinged the meter or not, the ball was not gonna go where I aimed. I had 4 or 5 tee shots that I dinged start out 15yds left of where I aimed, was really weird.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2010 6:10 PM

Heath021:
    when all of a sudden my meter went crazy and the putting green seem so inconsistent. Ive been playing long enough to know how far to hit a 2.8ft putt on #16 goes. the putt came up short and the same happened on #18.

I've been saying this for a few weeks now "putter" (not putting) inconsistencies and everyone keeps telling me, they haven't noticed or meter spikes. Bullsh>t... After thousands of putts I know how to putt <10 ft putts, reguardless of slope break or speed, relying mostly on feel rather than "spot and ding". Now its an adventure w/feel, have to spot and ding, except its impossible to ding using 7-8 power w/15 scale. (#'s used for illistration only) same ole results 2-4" short or add a "smitchen"(1/2 pixel) of power 1-3' past/over or lipout......now add in the "daily" morning noon and night meter spikes and its getting impossible to score a good round.

Beyond being frustrated........ pissed off would be more appropiate:(

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2010 7:24 PM

PGAbound67:

I had 4 or 5 tee shots that I dinged start out 15yds left of where I aimed, was really weird.

VEM is alive and well,  I believe.

On BPB # 13, Par 5, lying 59 yds from pin with 2 MPH tailwind, I reach for my trusty Ping Tour-W, 64 wedge with 60 yd rating.  Line up straight at pin, take a little off, and ding it straight at the flag.  I thought.  The ball disappeared; could not be found in the sky.  It appeared magically as in a David Blaine magic show, pin high, 15 yds right on a hillside in 40% rough.

Instead of putting for birdie, or perhaps even had sunk it for Eagle, I'm struggling for par.

These tactics are extraordinarily underhanded.  Talk about cheating; it's being done by the very individual who is pushing this habit.

Heath021:

Probably cost me a first place in the tournament. I guess that is what we have to putt up with though. Oh Well!!!

We don't have to put(t) up with it.  Sad thing is we are so addicted, we don't dare stay away.  But if we did have that power, all at the same time, Stop playing.  Take up Flight Simulator or something.

He he, not likely to happen.

I'm off to weekly unlimited.

Cheers,

• Richard1969
    34 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2010 7:33 PM
    Inconsistencies are acceptable, even mandatory IMHO, with drives and approaches... but not with putting. Nobody in the world can hit a perfect drive down the center of the fairway and the SAME distance each time they hit a "perfect" shot. And nobody can pick up a 9iron and hit it EXACTLY 130 yds EVERY time. There need to be at least some minor variations going on or any kind of reality goes away. I have noticed several times that a shot's direction is somewhat variable. Sometimes it works against me like when i ding a shot and it starts out 15 feet right or left of the pin. And sometimes it works for me... plenty of times i miss the ding by a half inch or something and the ball-path hardly went awry at all. But putting shoud be VERY consistent, and for the most part i think it is. I dont think I have ever noticed any obvious problems. Although there are plenty of times I thought for sure i made the shot and it missed ;-)
  • andypat
    453 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2010 9:26 PM

What I would like to know is how do you get the same wind 7 out of 9 holes at ST A's impossible all but 2 were headwinds the others were sidewinds a tailwind every now and again wouldn't go amiss, but that is what I have just had in my RG so much for varying winds.

• supermex79
    31 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2010 9:28 PM
    I agree....other than the "sweet spot"...which i really suck at anymore?? wonder why..but Ive had so many rim outs...its unbelievable..ive had my putts make almost a 360 once..most of them are 180...I ve never seen the likes of it......So, that means Iam hitting it too hard...duh....wgt..cant even give a player a break....I don't think ive ever had one of those in real life? ...maybe close, but none that I can remember...Has anyone else had this problem on the greens? even on "ding shots"..they've rimmed out.......really stinks..
  • oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2010 9:50 PM

andypat:

What I would like to know is how do you get the same wind 7 out of 9 holes at ST A's impossible all but 2 were headwinds the others were sidewinds a tailwind every now and again wouldn't go amiss, but that is what I have just had in my RG so much for varying winds.

Go back to the last 25-30 years of Majors played at STA and you will see that exact scenario

I forget the year, when Jack Nicholson won using a 1-iron off the tee's, due to those varying wind gusts.  

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Mon, Nov 29 2010 12:51 AM

oneputtdavid:

andypat:

I forget the year, when Jack Nicholson won using a 1-iron off the tee's, due to those varying wind gusts.  

yes varying wind not all head on, explain how a head on wind on 17 and then walk across to the 18th and magically the wind has changed direction from a side wind to head on eerr! don't think so as the buildings would affect the wind

• PAGES
RSS