Forums

Help › Forums

** Release notes - 2/25/15 **

Sat, Mar 7 2015 4:23 PM (315 replies)
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 12:16 PM

Metered to death, club comp 18 holes round ST A, every shot including putts. Cleared cache, rebooted 3 times, joke, total joke. Some update that, this game has been ruined last 2 months and made even worse after last update. Icon etc ive always stated its not your fault but do not blame browsers etc, its WGT fault. The whole of our club chatbox is full of anger and this forum also, so if this not sorted then folk will stop playing. 

EVERY SHOT BAR NONE!!!!!!!!

• MAXPOWER888
    434 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 12:20 PM

MAXPOWER888:

WGTdbloshoe:
    In terms of the jerky meter, I have been testing it and I am not personally seeing anything wrong with the meter.  I was using chrome, are you all seeing it on a specific browser or is it wide spread?

What almost everyone on the site is saying, AND certainly the everyday players who know the game (those who post in the forums regularly and those who do not) is that the meter thing seems to be across all browsers and is certainly not normal.

If you can't see something wrong with the meter please send me some of what you are smoking or otherwise consuming so as to alleviate some of my current discomfort.

Just to update. My main WGT problem (that I can't stay away from the game despite all its' problems) has reared its' ugly head and sent me back for another try. And I have to report that despite what WGT will likely say (that they did nothing and it was all on our end or in our heads) the game seems to be playing a lot closer to normal (in terms of meter) than it was just a few hours ago. This was with Firefox (same browser I have been using for about 6 months) and completely different (in terms of playability) when it comes to the meter than it was just this morning.Still a little jumpy but certainly playable.

So thank you WGT for whatever you did (even if you won't admit it or even know what you did lol).

MAX

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 12:23 PM

Guess I spoke too soon. Meter is unplayable (Chrome, FF, IceDragon, and Slimjet).

• JohnHendo123
    19 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 12:24 PM

i thought it was women that go on an on an on .wrong its you lot as well why dont you lot just give the day a miss an play tomorrow .i think ill buy 100000 dummys for you lot to suck on LOL

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 12:26 PM

DAZZA501:
    Yes i'm getting the ding sound on anything late when putting but it still acts like i've missed it late.

Now i've had a few longer putts i'm not sure my 1st statement was correct.

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 12:31 PM

YankeeJim:

DAZZA501:
    My meter is jittery but it's a consistent jitter so still playable.

Just throwing stuff at the wall.  :-)

So....you're now the senior WGT engineer now are ya YJ....isn't that how they do things?...

I especially liked the WGT "we're working on the theory" comment.....lol...

• Spammage
    694 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 12:33 PM

Trying to see if I still have the problem - guess I should have stayed away from St Andys and the gorse.  Bye bye Mr. Nike.  The meter with Maxthon is still really bad.  I have tried to test the putting as well and can't tell where the true "Excellent" mark is.  Sometimes it seems to be a straight putt when hitting the "ding" line and sometimes it seems straight when hitting 1/8 inch past and getting the "Excellent" remark.  No sense in trying anymore for me.  I have already lost one Nike and won't lose another to this joke.  I will be back when this is corrected, or I guess I should say, if this gets corrected.

• fourstarchef
    8 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 12:39 PM

Good afternoon. After reading your I/F changes, I was wondering why after you did this, when I click to play, I can't turn loop settings off and I can't use low resolution. Now 2/25, I don't have these options anymore. So now any round I play, the meter is having seizures and load time is really increased. This will work against me when it comes to any round I would play with other golfers. Please advise.

Chef

• ToddFather20
    993 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 12:44 PM

I agree with Spammage,

I don't plan on playing anything that matters until the issue is resolved.  Just a hole a day to keep the streak going I guess.  

Way too many people having this issue to be ignored, even if dblshoe doesn't see the problem.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 12:54 PM

I've played two 9s today. The first was RSG on the main. I shot poorly, of course, but learned some stuff, which I'll pass along.

I then played a CC round in a multirounder. Didn't want a WD from a timeout. Anyway it was back of BPB. I'm lucky enough to have the R1, so I still hit all fairways. On approaches, by going by rhythm as much as anything, I was able to come close to the ding. Natch, this meant some longer putts.

I've always been one of those who uses the higher scale. My go tos are 100 and 50. This means that on putting it has less time to start the stutter. Another thing I learned from the first round is that the putt center line is a tad left and the invisible ding is a tad right. Once I started barely being 'late' putting started behaving. 

Shot a 30 with one brain burp bogey.

Hope this helps in the short run. 

RSS