Forums

Help › Forums

skipping meter!!

rated by 0 users
Sat, Nov 27 2010 9:52 PM (5 replies)
  • erw24
    9 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 1:16 PM

What is with the meter that skips across my page?  It works fine most of the time but I just lost some good paid for golf balls that I purchased due to this jumping meter!! Not real happy about this obviously.  I've spent a lot of money on this game and I guarantee i wont spend any more until this is fixed.  I have an up to date flash player and i keep everything on my computer shut down while i'm playing.  I'm not sure if there is anything else on my end i can do to prevent this jumping meter.  Not much fun losing balls due to what seems like a defect in the game.  if there is anything else i can do to rid myself of this problem let me know.  Love the game, hate the gliches.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 1:26 PM

Try a different browser like firefox or google chrome.

How much ram are you running? 4 gig is the workable minimum..2. is supposed to work, but.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 1:30 PM

erw24:

What is with the meter that skips across my page?  It works fine most of the time but I just lost some good paid for golf balls that I purchased due to this jumping meter!! Not real happy about this obviously.  I've spent a lot of money on this game and I guarantee i wont spend any more until this is fixed.  I have an up to date flash player and i keep everything on my computer shut down while i'm playing.  I'm not sure if there is anything else on my end i can do to prevent this jumping meter.  Not much fun losing balls due to what seems like a defect in the game.  if there is anything else i can do to rid myself of this problem let me know.  Love the game, hate the gliches.

1. What browser are you using? Hopefully it is not Internet Explorer. This game and IE are not very compatible. Most on here would recommend Google Chrome, Chrome Iron or FireFox Mozilla.

2. Most on here will tell you to clear out your Flash Cache and then reload your browser.  Clear out your computer cache as well. Here is the link for clearing flash cache

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

3. Some on here reommend Game Booster, I have not had to use it but others claim that it helps tremendously and it is free.

GL hope this helps.

• BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 1:50 PM

Have this  problem a  lot  like others do done everything,  but  like u  say  ure not  spending more money in here when nothing gets done about it.

Wish other people thought  like u then maybe (doubt it tho )   when theres no money comeing in they might do something about it. 

• charliecuzby
    149 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 8:29 PM

SGTBilko 's links are as readable as his wisdom.

• BuddyWood
    5 Posts
    Sat, Nov 27 2010 9:52 PM

I think beginning to think the skipping meter is just part of the game.  It kinda keeps you on your toes.  If you see it jumping just don't click and it will act like a practice swing.  Usually on the second time it will not skip.

RSS