Forums

Help › Forums

Questions??

Mon, Feb 8 2016 1:33 AM (29 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Feb 28 2015 7:37 PM

Spider61:

So what does your earning credits hae to do with any of the questions that were asked?

Probably was replying to Idiots2' post.. 

( 5 down from the top and the one above your 1st response on this thread )

Andy

• aichapman
    1,347 Posts
    Sat, Feb 28 2015 8:20 PM

Spider61:

So what does your earning credits hae to do with any of the questions that were asked?

I hope this helps Spider.

There are no "bad" questions, but what helps is if you narrow the field of inquiry by joining a Country Club and get to know your fellow members. You will find that some of them will go out of their way to answer and guide you in this virtual game.

Questions can get lost in the Big Forums Page and you can miss an answer that may be pertinent to you, also you get free shot pal and putter pal which gives you 10% divisions to help judge shot and putting distances.

Re "that" putt. I would have to know more about it etc etc to make a fair comment.

As you continue in the game and get better gear and balls, the game becomes easier (sort of LOL ) as better gear means better precision, forgiveness etc and usually a slower meter speed which sure helps.

Sure the game is Free but the only way I could get to a level where I could have a reasonable chance of enjoyment was to spend some dollars and upgrade my gear.

Even with the games odd crazy hiccup now and then I have a lot of fun.

Regards from Alan

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Sat, Feb 28 2015 10:38 PM

Spider61:
    I get a 30ft uphill putt (and the system gives me the 60ft scale)   I figure 30ft uphill wil take over 1/2 the 60 ft scale so I got 3/4 of the way up.  I hit the swing scale dead enter --- and the ball goes 12ft.    Now Im 18ft away (but I know my lat putt ent only 12ft) so I still go 2/3 of the way up the scale ---- then it goes 45ft and now I've got 23ft coming back.  Suddlenly a nice round has turned into a 5 putt riple bogie (REALLY DISAPPOINTING)

Preamble:
    a) Putting length (strength) is independent from the putter used. Better putters only have a better overall precision. Balls act all the same, AFAIK.
    b) Putting calculation is linear.
    c) Select your own scale for best results.

Green speed, elevation break, meter amplitude and putter scale affect the length of a putt. Many players first calculate or imagine a "true length" from distance and elevation, then determine the meter amplitude with respect to the green speed, at last correct the direction with regard to the side break.

There are many good putting tips available, starting with those in the FAQs =>

• Idiots2
    36 Posts
    Wed, Mar 11 2015 1:09 PM

Still does not help when the game, dots, etc. are never consistent.  I also love it when you putt with an up hill to the right and the ball goes passé the hole in almost a straight line and the second putt back is uphill to the RIGHT????  how is that possible??? 

If the game is going to give me a caddy to suggest clubs it should be a knowledgeable one; not one that hands me any club available.  If I have to select every club to be sure it is right why do I need a caddy???

You also sound like an employee of WGT reading from the corporate answer sheet just like alanti.  To jokes in a pod.

• Idiots2
    36 Posts
    Wed, Mar 11 2015 3:27 PM

the money in the game always talks like a corporate zombie; they read answers from a pre selected answer sheet. they are not really there to help, that is why your question was not answered

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Wed, Mar 11 2015 3:58 PM

Here is my thought on your up hill both ways question.

There are a few hole's in this game that are on mounds..They will for the most part,be up hill from all directions.

Make sense?.

navi

• NotFacebookCraw
    49 Posts
    Thu, Mar 12 2015 11:34 AM

Idiots2:

Still does not help when the game, dots, etc. are never consistent.  I also love it when you putt with an up hill to the right and the ball goes passé the hole in almost a straight line and the second putt back is uphill to the RIGHT????  how is that possible??? 

The uphill or downhill factor of a putt is measured over the entire distance.  If the putt crests a rise before the cup and is actually going back downhill at the cup, then the return putt will be back up that hill if you missed.  Also, many of the seemingly odd putt results are because the dots move based on the average of the grid line, not the instantaneous slope at the point of the dot.  If a grid line straddles a crest or a trough where the sides of the grid are at the same elevation, the dot will be stationary even though there may be some break there.  This is why the best putters use the chip view.  With that view, you can move the grid around and see how the dot speeds change.  Putting in WGT is the most realistic aspect of the game.  It is maddening, frustrating and does exactly what you tell it to do.  I still occasionally fall prey to the wrong putter scale and get a putt half way there or rocketing off the green.  That is, however, 100% user error.  

Idiots2:

If the game is going to give me a caddy to suggest clubs it should be a knowledgeable one; not one that hands me any club available.  If I have to select every club to be sure it is right why do I need a caddy???

Of all things to complain about.  Even if it was right only 1 in 100 times, that's 1 more time that you wouldn't have to select your own club.  The caddy doesn't know what type of shot you intend.  For just about any shot there are two or three reasonable club options.  

Idiots2:

You also sound like an employee of WGT reading from the corporate answer sheet just like alanti.  To jokes in a pod.

That helps the discussion.  

• Agassi1991
    777 Posts
    Thu, Mar 12 2015 11:59 AM

Hi

I really really LIKE your name on WGT.   Who is the other person?

Agassi1991

• Spider61
    6 Posts
    Thu, Mar 12 2015 1:00 PM

Im 6'4" -when in highschool I ran hurdles and they said I loked like a SPIDER.  Kn is my real name.  

• Spider61
    6 Posts
    Thu, Mar 12 2015 1:14 PM

I like the putting problems.     You have a 25ft putt, up-hill - your options seem to be:

the 30ft scale - so even if you go to max energy, hit dead center on the swing meter, the putt goes MAYBE 10-12ft.   OR

you get the 60ft scale - at 1/2 energy that would be 30ft + add a little more for up-hill --- the put goes 12ft.   Now you have 13ft left...    You go to a  little less than 1/2 on the scale (thinking 25in energy will get your putt to the hole) and of course now it goes 40ft .   It seems that sort of thing always happens after you play several par holes and are shooting a decent score (so then you get to add in n 8 or 9)   

RSS