Forums

Help › Forums

what's the point in leveling in this game?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 28 2010 12:38 AM (4 replies)
  • onemil
    5 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 6:36 AM

i don't get it, i was a hack, went to amatuer and got new clubs, go to pro and i get nothing. What is the point in leveling in this game? there don't seem to be any advantages or progression the farther you play this game. This is the coolest golf game I have played thus far, but what is there to play for other than useless "levels". Why even have levels if nothing happens?

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 2:15 PM

Your tier defines your level of play in the game. Much like a 'handicap' in real golf, your tier will dictate at which level you can enter a tournament to ensure that you will compete against other players of similar ability.

Like real golf, the players playing in top tier will be competing for the most valuable prizes, so you have a good reason to practice and improve!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 2:39 PM

onemil:
    i don't get it, i was a hack, went to amatuer and got new clubs, go to pro and i get nothing. What is the point in leveling in this game?

You went from the beginner clubs to the starter clubs, courtesy of WGT. Now it's up to you to decide if you want better clubs which you get to buy, if you want. That's where the levels come in. You're restricted to being able to buy only the clubs that your particular level allows (see the Pro Shop.) Those credits you got for advancing to pro and any others you win in tournaments are what you use to buy stuff or you can purchase them outright. GL

• onemil
    5 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 3:13 PM

thanks  a lot for the responses

• Canada15
    84 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2010 12:38 AM

levels and tiers are BS... i saw a level 46 amateur... yes of course playing match play for credits.. haha i just chuckled.  what this means is there are players using the same equipment as me from tees that are 60 yrds ahead of mine, and no they do not score higher than me, they simply play match play challenges and sandbag credits for free.  

thus my solution is that wgt shud go back to the tiering method whr u buy or recieve equipment based on tier level.  for example, amatuers cant buy master drivers.

RSS