Forums

Help › Forums

What are the practice T's for master?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 26 2010 7:34 AM (6 replies)
  • Swingbag
    22 Posts
    Thu, Nov 25 2010 8:01 AM

I just turned master and was curious what color t I should be practicing from.  The colors on practice stroke play dont really coincide with the tiers as well as they dont have the same name in tournaments.  There is no champion color in a tourny but in practice there is. 

Ex......   I want to play a a tourny at betpabe black but want to practice first.  What t color should i practice from that would be the same as the master t in the tournament?

Thanks in advace

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Nov 25 2010 8:21 AM

Swingbag:
    .   I want to play a a tourny at betpabe black but want to practice first.  What t color should i practice from that would be the same as the master t in the tournament?

The hardest tees. You can't choose Legend tees or tournament greens (not available) but those tees are where you would be hitting from as a Master and Tour Master.

Keep in mind the Very Fast greens are not quite as fast as Tournament greens so don't be surprised after practicing when you get to the green in your tourney. GL

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Thu, Nov 25 2010 8:22 AM

The Blue tee's.

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Thu, Nov 25 2010 8:36 AM

claremoreblue:

The Blue tee's.

White on St Andy's, Blue on beth and gold on Kia. Btw Jim you can practice from the champ tees - I am sometimes brave enough to take on the challenge...

WGT why can't we practice on those crazy champ greens?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Nov 25 2010 9:38 AM

mohuyu:
    WGT why can't we practice on those crazy champ greens?

Or at least put them somewhere else besides the Kiawah front 9 RG.

mohuyu:
    you can practice from the champ tees

Tx for that, mo, did not realize that. 

• Swingbag
    22 Posts
    Thu, Nov 25 2010 10:24 AM

Thanks for the replies.........Its funny, I didnt even realize i went up a tier and something just didnt feel right lol...

Why the heck dont they make the tees the same names in practice and tourn?  I just want to know how to load my bag.  Some courses you can get away with lower drivers but you need a longer wood.  I have the clubs I need but as everyone here knows.......

Once you hit tee-off there is no turning back without withdrawal.

• Swingbag
    22 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 7:34 AM

Thanks again but as it turns out because i tiered up while I had already played part of the multi round as a tour pro is automatically put me at tour pro tees.  So much for my practice.  I actually did better on my practice at the master tees.

Still 2nd place in the 4 round November tourny..........cant complain about that

RSS