Help › Forums

wind

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 25 2010 2:52 AM (1 replies)
  • dave1608
    15 Posts
    Thu, Nov 25 2010 2:24 AM

hi all..

ever since starting WGT i have had same problem..(what percentage should i add or subtract from club distance) when playing shots and does it vary for different courses..i know this sounds stupid but any help would be greatly appreciated...

THANKYOU

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Thu, Nov 25 2010 2:52 AM

dave1608:

hi all..

ever since starting WGT i have had same problem..(what percentage should i add or subtract from club distance) when playing shots and does it vary for different courses..i know this sounds stupid but any help would be greatly appreciated...

THANKYOU

Dave there are just to many variables to give a definite answer. Which clubs you use, which balls you use ,the elevation of your shot. Basically if you have clubs with high or medium high trajectory the wind will affect the shots more than clubs with medium trajectory. Low to moderate winds @ all courses except St.Andrews I basically just try to compensate for the winds by changing my spin. Or with shorter shots with the wedges a combination of changing from full shot to punch shot and changing my spin. High winds at those course I generally try to add 1 club against the wind and subtract 1 club with the wind. and changing the spin as needed.It is more a matter of feel than anything else. But at St. Andrews all that goes out the window because what is low winds at St.Andrews would be moderate winds anywhere else and so forth. Here you just have to learn from experience. 

RSS