Help › Forums

Virtual Tour 2015 - this years final

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 30 2015 5:38 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • poldimaier
    2,346 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 7:16 AM

IMO the four 2015 final players should be the 4 top ranked players of the complete 2015 Virtual Tour. Where is the motivation to play those insufferable unlimited rounds over twelve month? Why try to play all the tour events, when it doesn´t matter in the end?

Just play the tour championship in December - go to the final and bring off the Tour season in the Top4..........that´s not very exciting.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 11:53 AM

poldimaier:
    Just play the tour championship in December

So every TL is eligible?

• demcug
    1,456 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 12:20 AM

poldimaier:

IMO the four 2015 final players should be the 4 top ranked players of the complete 2015 Virtual Tour. Where is the motivation to play those insufferable unlimited rounds over twelve month? Why try to play all the tour events, when it doesn´t matter in the end?

Just play the tour championship in December - go to the final and bring off the Tour season in the Top4..........that´s not very exciting.

+1

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 2:35 AM

No Tour Championship listed in the tournament schedule for December since the update. Just a major tournament, and some other course changes along the way. 

• sue333318
    631 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 4:33 AM

When will the 'elite' players realise that this is just a version of the Clash for them?   Just compare the unlimited scores at Bandon with the second round.

Have fun all.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 10:56 AM

sue333318:

When will the 'elite' players realise that this is just a version of the Clash for them?   Just compare the unlimited scores at Bandon with the second round.

Have fun all.

The second round was much harder conditions than round 1. Heavy winds vs moderate winds and championship greens (13) vs TM  tournament greens (11). I think for me that my -2 52 was a good score. 

I thought that for the first time I might actually end up in the top 70. But since yesterday morning I have dropped from 45th to 66th and with only 4 places to drop and almost 3 days left it looks like I will have to be lucky just to get top 100. I had 1 3 putt for a bogey and missed 3 what I would call very easy birdie putts or things would be very different. 

• FarFoo
    2,915 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 2:05 PM

sue333318:

Have fun all.

hmmm. slight difference. if you play a thousand rounds in the cash crash , you win , even if you played with a putter all the way round.

If you play a thousand rounds in the VT you can still come last because you are not good enough.

• sue333318
    631 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 2:45 PM

Whatever floats your boat Foo - I'm sure you only played the first round a couple of times and I wish you all the best in round 2.

• PETERGEORGE1
    572 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 4:22 PM

FarFoo:
    If you play a thousand rounds in the VT you can still come last because you are not good enough.

Think you'll find that that is true of the clash as well - purity is abstinence of both cash cows

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 9:43 PM

How about the top 3 or 4 from the season, plus the top 3 or 4 from the final?  That way there's something to play for over the long haul and still some hope for everybody.

• PAGES
RSS