Forums

Help › Forums

bonus points

Thu, Nov 18 2010 9:10 PM (5 replies)
  • fingertip50
    2 Posts
    Wed, Nov 17 2010 4:57 PM

Why don't i receive bonus points for playing continues days in a row anymore? Is this happening to anyone else?

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Thu, Nov 18 2010 5:26 AM

Got to be careful when you play your games.  The consecutive day bonus, is based on  UTC time,  so an example for me would if I played in the early afternoon and then did not play till 10PM the following day, I would miss the CDP points because I technically missed a day of play.  

Where I live in the Eastern Time Zone my game day runs from 7:00PM-6:59PM.

Cheers,

b0geybuster

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Nov 18 2010 5:49 AM

Yeah Fingertip, Bogey's right. I found this out first hand. Even though your score history shows you played at least one round per day, you'll still need to play in your specific time zone in order to receive the CDP points. This makes it fair for all players from around the world. It almost feels like WGT owns the times we play if we value our CDP points.

On a side note, WGT has devised an ingenious idea to keep people playing their game with XP points. Their thinking is, if people are playing, people are spending. There's nothing wrong with that.

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Thu, Nov 18 2010 6:13 AM

I get my CDP points when I finish a round after 7PM CST.  So, regardless if I play during the day, I try to always finish a round just after 7PM CST.  I usually get around 1100 Points for a 9-hole round.

• fingertip50
    2 Posts
    Thu, Nov 18 2010 11:27 AM

Thank you for the information

• darthclay
    98 Posts
    Thu, Nov 18 2010 9:10 PM

I would like to comment on the bunus or XP points.. This may have been posted before and I did not notice so sorry if so.

Currently u only recieve points based on number of strokes and type of game played..also a few for consecutive days... now this does give a slight advantage to the players like myself that are not to good in the fact that if my opponent shots a 30 and i get my usual 36... I get 6 extra XP points while he/she played a far better game.

My  point is that there should be some type of credit for these good scores like say 5 points for a birdie and 10 for a eagle. The better game should get more points not less....just my 2 cents worth

RSS