Help › Forums

GETTING ANGRY!!!!

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 17 2010 7:07 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • texasaussie
    77 Posts
    Tue, Nov 16 2010 3:27 AM

I have been working at making tour pro. Played a ranked round on back 9 of Kiawah, started round with 73.85 avg, shot a 2-under 34, came out with a 73.45 avg----no TOUR PRO--what's going on??????

• trstephens
    8 Posts
    Tue, Nov 16 2010 10:04 AM

very strange- what type of ball were you playing with?

• texasaussie
    77 Posts
    Tue, Nov 16 2010 3:33 PM

stardard issue. I've upgraded clubs t starter-plus--that's all.  Have you ever noticed that there is no published requirements for advancement?  What's the big secret?

The issue is that I am below 75 avg and came in 2 -under--what else is required? I have played everyday since I joined (46 days today) and that is the reason I am level 63.

See why I am getting angry!!!!

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Tue, Nov 16 2010 4:07 PM

How many ranked rounds have you played? You have to get over a certain threshold.

And even with the old algorithm I hit TP around 72 point something.

• WelshWizard1968
    2 Posts
    Tue, Nov 16 2010 4:08 PM

Hi mate. I'm having the same problem. My average is 73.25 on level 33 and still no pro tour. My brother is sitting at 73.28 although he is at level 38 but is on pro tour. Are there any other requiremnents to move up?

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Tue, Nov 16 2010 4:44 PM

how many ranked full rounds have you played?

tbe

• texasaussie
    77 Posts
    Tue, Nov 16 2010 5:17 PM

I've played 175 ranked rounds! The tier changes should be set out in B&W, so we know what we are working towards.

• WelshWizard1968
    2 Posts
    Wed, Nov 17 2010 1:57 AM

Hi mate. I've played 59 rounds so far. Do you know what is required to move up?

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Wed, Nov 17 2010 4:46 AM

thebigeasy707:

how many ranked full rounds have you played?

tbe

I reached M before the new average system - so the answer is a lot less than most.

• GooseFrabba
    19 Posts
    Wed, Nov 17 2010 5:20 AM

texasaussie:

I've played 175 ranked rounds! The tier changes should be set out in B&W, so we know what we are working towards.

It isn't how many total ranked rounds you've played.  Its how many ranked rounds you've played since you turned Pro, not in your entire carreer.  Also, the reason they previously did not publish the exact averages players needed to change teirs is because they didn't want people to know.  If everyone knew how scores affected their average exactly, and what averages made them jump up to the next teir, people would make it a point to not get to those required marks, as to have a better chance at winning tournaments and ready go's from their current teir.  The game gets more difficult when you jump to the next teir (this is sandbagging).  However, with the new average calculations, it's much more difficult to keep your average from dropping, although it drops quite slowly, it still drops when you shoot a good round, and doesn't rise when you shoot a bad round.  Before this was not the case, a bad score made it rise, a good score made it fall.  IMO they have less of a reason not to publish the numbers now thanthey did before, but i doubt you will ever see them.  At least before players had a pretty good idea what averages made them cahnge teirs based on what others had seen, but the new system hasn't been in place long enough for anyone to figure it out yet.  This is why there are very few if any posts with estimated averages + #'s of ranked rounds out there.

• PAGES
RSS