Help › Forums

How do the tier promotions work?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 16 2010 11:30 AM (1 replies)
  • irishosaru
    7 Posts
    Mon, Nov 15 2010 5:21 PM

Hi all,

I'm a player who just got to level 39, I'm a tour pro and my average is 71.92. On a good day I can go 1 or 2 under par, on a bad day I am 1 or 2 over. I only use the WGT clubs and don't plan to buy any, so I think I've reached the limit as to how far I'm ever going to hit the ball.

Anyhow, I just played a matchplay round with another member, and through random settings we ended up playing off tees which were farther back than tour pro. I don't know what tees they were as I wasn't paying attention, but....the course just killed me. I was hitting it right on the sweet spot towards the nearest part of the fairway, and coming up well short. So my question is - how/when does a player move up a tier?

I've seen people mention sandbagging before, but I never paid any attention to it as I was happy to move up through the tiers. I understand it is a process of deliberately shooting high scores in order to gain some advantage, but I'm not sure what that advantages is.

Does you change tier once you reach a certain level (and you move up levels just by playing, irrespective of how well or badly, as far as I can see)? Or is it based on your average, and if so what is that average? Or is it a combination of the two? If you don't cut it at a certain tier, do you get moved back down?

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy this game, but having played that round, the idea of moving up to that level doesn't exactly thrill me, and it would take a lot of the fun out of this game for me.

I'm hoping you good people can provide some insight for me.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Nov 16 2010 11:30 AM

An average of 68 should do it. Levels don't affect tiers.

RSS