Forums

Help › Forums

SAINT ANDREWS!!! June 25!!

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 22 2009 8:30 PM (2 replies)
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 2:24 PM

I get to steal Alex's thunder a bit, because she posted this under Courses...

The Old Course at St. Andrews in 3 days,June 25,  according to this post:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/2797.aspx

Wow... just to imagine getting to know the Old Course as well as we have gotten to know Bethpage Black is pretty damned cool!

Thanks WGT!!!!

• mdelninno
    15 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 5:20 PM

Understated! This game really puts the fans of the USGA in the action. It was so cool watching the pros playing the course while relating to their every shot. Without a doubt, the smartest integrated/fan based interactive marketing play to hit the sports world. Nice job marketing team at USGA and WGT.

• Middle4man
    368 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 8:30 PM

I have to chime in the others: Thank you, WGT! First, giving us a FREE online golf game, and a very good one at that, which has been lacking for a very long time. Another thanks to you for giving us OUR version of a U. S. Open (who hasn't dreamed of competing in that), and then, the coup de grace, St. Andrews! This course has long been my favorite, and is one of the courses I wish to visit before I pass this world. I am very anxiously waiting how your fine graphics depict this wonderful layout, and comparing it to the last graphic layout I've seen of this course, which, if I remember correctly, was in the Links 2000 collection. And i think the Scots will be even more proud of her after seeing what you will be doing, if Bethpage is any indication. I know you deal with quite a few whiners and detractors that you're forced to deal with on a daily basis, but, keep in mind, you've got just as many who have your back, and please count me in as one of them. Please keep up the fantastic work!

RSS