Forums

Help › Forums

I shouldn't even have to say this, but...

Fri, Dec 19 2014 8:42 AM (48 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 5:07 PM

I have been part of the Xmas programs since day one, I have spent a small fortune on this game gifting, I win no credits so it is done with my real money. If I send a gift to a friend I always get and thank you. If I receive a gift I always send a thank you. On these holiday give a ways I will sometimes get thanked and sometimes I don't. I take it for what it's worth, just someone asking for something whether they can afford it themselves or not. I taught my kids to always say thank you and my 7 grand kids have been taught the same. A no thank you just means no further gifts from me. All I have to say about this. 

• HenriChinaski
    94 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 5:24 PM

There is also the fact that new players's posts on the forum can be "pending" for a while no? Add that to all the issues (fake mail address / no pm reading / no checking equipment / I'm new I'm lost / etc.) and that could explain a lot of the sad "no thank you".

I have no doubt that gift receivers are pretty happy. I would be. Happy Xmas, and thanks to all the Santas!

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 5:43 PM

To all responders, thank you all for your input. I do not gift to  " expect "  thanks in return. To me, to thank the giver is an ingrained response to one who has done you a kindness. Apparently, the " me " generation has decided that this is a convention best done away with as it interferes with " me " time. Sweetie, Merry Christmas, and the same to all who don't take offence.

Doc :)

• HenriChinaski
    94 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 5:51 PM

By the way, and because we are on the topic of "the things we shouldn't say" (and I really shouldn't say that for obvious reasons, the first one is: I do not want to sound harshly criticize what is, in my point of view, an amazing event by amazing peoples, thank you again everybody), could the Santas to come keep in mind that the players which are not from US basically don't have free credits (except for levelling up)?

A nice putter for a player from Salvador, Germany, Egypt or Cambodge, it's typically 10 years of free credits (win via tournaments credits). ;)

nb : Please excuse my bad english.

• SpokaneClub
    508 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 8:42 PM

To all the AAA Santas, this was my first year in the group and this was a wonderful surprise. Thank you very much for this expensive effort.  In a world that is more and more about me and taking, you've helped to remind me that it is better to give than take.  Merry Christmas to all of you!

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 8:52 PM

HenriChinaski:

By the way, and because we are on the topic of "the things we shouldn't say" (and I really shouldn't say that for obvious reasons, the first one is: I do not want to sound harshly criticize what is, in my point of view, an amazing event by amazing peoples, thank you again everybody), could the Santas to come keep in mind that the players which are not from US basically don't have free credits (except for levelling up)?

A nice putter for a player from Salvador, Germany, Egypt or Cambodge, it's typically 10 years of free credits (win via tournaments credits). ;)

nb : Please excuse my bad english.

Sorry that  you did not get what you wanted from santa, you are a very good candidate Henri ! 

BUt you are at master, and sometimes santa has to think if the gift will help you.

You would be better of with new irons at your level.

• HenriChinaski
    94 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 10:24 PM

siggipj76:
    Sorry that  you did not get what you wanted from santa, you are a very good candidate Henri ! 

BUt you are at master, and sometimes santa has to think if the gift will help you.

That's the second reason why I really shouldn't said anything about that (but I didn't see someone else, not a candidate, talk about that, so... Maybe I miss it). ;)

It's not about the gift I should or shouldn't have and why (there are far way better candidate than me, I can see them every day in each topics), or if I am a little touchy about the result so far (I'm not, I'm asking for the moon, and I know it).

It was just a small remark to say with a positive tone (damn my english is so bad): If you see a filipino / guatemalan / inuit / russian (this days!!!) candidat, try to help him. Not because he deserve it more than a US citizen (95% of the WGT players?), but because he just have way less possibility to win free credits, and for him improve his game is way way way harder (or way way way way more expensive).

So, in my silly mind, this already fantastic mega gift party was the perfect occasion to improve a little this aspect (the geoeconomic balance) of the game. Sorry if that wasn't clear enough and/or totally inappropriate.

That's all. I'm out. Have a nice Xmas. ;)

nb: What's wrong with my irons...? Love them!

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 10:55 PM

HenriChinaski:

siggipj76:

That's the second reason why I really shouldn't said anything about that (but I didn't see someone else, not a candidate, talk about that, so... Maybe I miss it). ;)

It's not about the gift I should or shouldn't have and why (there are far way better candidate than me, I can see them every day in each topics), or if I am a little touchy about the result so far (I'm not, I'm asking for the moon, and I know it).

It was just a small remark to say with a positive tone (damn my english is so bad): If you see a filipino / guatemalan / inuit / russian (this days!!!) candidat, try to help him. Not because he deserve it more than a US citizen (95% of the WGT players?), but because he just have way less possibility to win free credits, and for him improve his game is way way way harder (or way way way way more expensive).

So, in my silly mind, this already fantastic mega gift party was the perfect occasion to improve a little this aspect (the geoeconomic balance) of the game. Sorry if that wasn't clear enough and/or totally inappropriate.

That's all. I'm out. Have a nice Xmas. ;)

nb: What's wrong with my irons...? Love them!

Nothing wrong with your english, it is as bad/good as mine,add me as a friend and perhaps I can help you as a new years gift ? 

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 1:32 AM

drmoose:

What the hell is wrong with people ? It's Christmas time on WGT. Generous people are digging into their own pockets ( not all of us are credit heavy ) and are gifting to players they don't even know who may be less fortunate, or those who are simply looking to upgrade equipment for whatever reason, and here's the thing, too many times these acts of kindness are not even acknowledged with a simple "Thank You". All it takes is to push the reply button to "You have recieved a gift" and say "Thank You", it's that simple, I'll leave it at that. Happy Holidays all.

Doc :(

Well said Doc.

Merry Christmas :)

-Roger

• tubbytubb
    121 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 4:53 AM

drmoose:

What the hell is wrong with people ? It's Christmas time on WGT. Generous people are digging into their own pockets ( not all of us are credit heavy ) and are gifting to players they don't even know who may be less fortunate, or those who are simply looking to upgrade equipment for whatever reason, and here's the thing, too many times these acts of kindness are not even acknowledged with a simple "Thank You". All it takes is to push the reply button to "You have recieved a gift" and say "Thank You", it's that simple, I'll leave it at that. Happy Holidays all.

Doc :(

God is Great, Beer is Good, and people are crazy.   That would make a good country song.  LOL   (oh it already is)

To All the fine folks of WGT who have ever helped someone else out, whether it be advice  or gifts from the pro shop, and especially the Santa's and helpers.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, X infinity.

Seriously,

My hat's off to yall.  Merry Christmas

RSS