Forums

Help › Forums

I shouldn't even have to say this, but...

Fri, Dec 19 2014 8:42 AM (48 replies)
  • drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 1:33 PM

What the hell is wrong with people ? It's Christmas time on WGT. Generous people are digging into their own pockets ( not all of us are credit heavy ) and are gifting to players they don't even know who may be less fortunate, or those who are simply looking to upgrade equipment for whatever reason, and here's the thing, too many times these acts of kindness are not even acknowledged with a simple "Thank You". All it takes is to push the reply button to "You have recieved a gift" and say "Thank You", it's that simple, I'll leave it at that. Happy Holidays all.

Doc :(

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 1:41 PM

Thank You .   I hope that helps .

OPY

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 1:53 PM

Doc, I would say 80% of people do not say thanks, but that has never deterred  me as it is not why I choose to send a gift to anyone.

Yes it is courtesy but that seems to be a dying breed.

This game has changed for me and I am not convinced I like the way the company is heading. Out of the money I have put in over the last few months, probably half has gone in gifts. That will soon change.

Doc and to all the generous Santa's and Elves, Thank You! (on behalf of those incapable of saying those two words).

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 1:59 PM

drmoose:

What the hell is wrong with people ? It's Christmas time on WGT. Generous people are digging into their own pockets ( not all of us are credit heavy ) and are gifting to players they don't even know who may be less fortunate, or those who are simply looking to upgrade equipment for whatever reason, and here's the thing, too many times these acts of kindness are not even acknowledged with a simple "Thank You". All it takes is to push the reply button to "You have recieved a gift" and say "Thank You", it's that simple, I'll leave it at that. Happy Holidays all.

I do not gift so that I get a thank you , that is not why someone should gift.

I do think that it is nice when people do, but not  important to me at all.

People should not give , if only for a reason that it will reflect well on yourself.

Just give and  you are rewarded.

I am not religious by the way ! 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 2:00 PM

drmoose:
    What the hell is wrong with people ?

That is the answer. They spend their lives trying to get there, and then say, once a year, the good 0l' handy, PC go-to standby "Happy Holidays" to avoid offending fools by saying "Merry Christmas !"

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 2:01 PM

alanti:
    Doc and to all the generous Santa's and Elves, Thank You!

+1

I haven't had the credits to partake in the giving, and I'm at a place where I don't need much either so I haven't even stuck my head in to say thanks and how much I admire and appreciate all the Santa's this time.. That's on me.. Sorry for that.

I did get a lot of help back during the Christmas in July event and was very grateful and humbled at the same time. I hope I'll be in a better place with regards to my finances in the future so that I can give back.

I do appreciate you, Doc.. and all the Santa's..

Happy Holidays all..

ISH \m/

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 2:05 PM

SweetiePie:
     "Happy Holidays" to avoid offending fools by saying "Merry Christmas !"

That ain't me, Lily.. I don't mind offending anyone.. at all.    : )

I say "HH" when I want to cover the whole Christmas and New Year  season..

Merry Christmas is cool with me.   :P

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 2:15 PM

drmoose:

Amen to that.  Thank you to all the players participating in this wonderful giveaway.

- WGTdbloshoe

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 2:34 PM

siggipj76:
    I do not gift so that I get a thank you

This is so very true Sir and most the Santa,s give cause it is a good thing .

But I can also see Doc,s point ,  If a player can take the time to reply and ask for a gift , They should also take the time to post a Thank You .

OPY

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 2:53 PM

opyeuclid:

siggipj76:
    I do not gift so that I get a thank you

This is so very true Sir and most the Santa,s give cause it is a good thing .

But I can also see Doc,s point ,  If a player can take the time to reply and ask for a gift , They should also take the time to post a Thank You .

OPY

I agree that it says something about a person , like the one that took the time to thank me on my wall.

But still not the reason to give , it is all in the bible , left hand giving without the right one knowing etc.

RSS