Forums

Help › Forums

I shouldn't even have to say this, but...

Fri, Dec 19 2014 8:42 AM (48 replies)
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 3:33 PM

If I may...

I am having a very similar conversation right now through pm's.

Does anyone know...if I send a gift to someone who is not on my friends list, how does that person even know that they have been sent a gift if Santa doesn't tell them so in a particular thread?

What I have been seeing is that a player will ask for a gift one day when in fact I know that they were sent that exact same gift the day before. It almost seems as if they don't even realize it's already been sent to them.

Doc, this may explain the reason why you don't see a lot of "thank you" messages.

Can anyone answer this for me?

MC

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 3:35 PM

siggipj76:
    the reason to give , it is all in the bible , left hand giving without the right one knowing

With respect Sir , I am not a man of God and did not know this . But I do know that my Mom and Dad told me to always say Please and Thank You .

OPY

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 3:41 PM

mrcaddie:
    Does anyone know...if I send a gift to someone who is not on my friends list, how does that person even know that they have been sent a gift if Santa doesn't tell them so in a particular thread?

From today's santa thread:

pdxpack:

Lobsterboy - I did not see any notification of a gift received - checked my equipment and there I see a course notebook - much appreciated and Merry Christmas.

Oh ok you're very welcome buddy and thanks for letting me know.

WGT . . . what happened to people getting notification of receiving a gift? They don't know unless they check their equipment? Used to be it would show up in the messages and they would know straight away (not to mention who it was from!) and could acknowledge it . .

As mrcaddie says part of the reason seems to be they don't know they've received them.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 3:50 PM

Thanks DP-

I'm actually following both threads as we speak, looking for more answers.

• Yasch
    310 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 3:52 PM

mrcaddie:
    Does anyone know...if I send a gift to someone who is not on my friends list, how does that person even know that they have been sent a gift

Wouldn't it show up under 'Account'?

A while back I rec'd a gift from a young lady who is not on my friends list, and by checking under the "Account' tab, I knew whom it was to thank.

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 3:54 PM

the gift message not being received is another glitch in WGT's e-mail system.Accept a challenge and there is a good chance that your e-mails will be messed up.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 4:03 PM

As DP quotes someone saying in another thread that when a player was sent a gift they would receive a private message telling them they have received a gift and who it was sent from.

Does this not happen any more?

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 4:06 PM

Could be the players aren't recieving emails from WGT.. You can change that under the "Account" tab.. Some WGT email might get swept into the spam pile by mistake too. 

If someone sends you a gift and you don't get an email, you need to check your account settings here and your mail settings because I usually get those notices.

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 4:07 PM

mrcaddie:
    Does this not happen any more?

Not by PM, no.. WGT sends you an email.

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 4:12 PM

mrcaddie:
    .if I send a gift to someone who is not on my friends list, how does that person even know that they have been sent a gift

# 1  They get a Email , " You have a gift " . 

Now then ,  A new player with his or her new post,s of moderation may not see that the post went through till the next day .  

I posted on a day and was on page # 4 , next day my post was on day # 7 , some of the new posters were now filling up the pages after Mod cleared them .

RSS