Forums

Help › Forums

Bandon Dunes launched

Thu, Dec 18 2014 2:31 PM (49 replies)
  • overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sun, Dec 14 2014 5:57 AM

Richard4168:
    The course looks great. Nothing beats those HD photos.

HD is what separates this game from ANY other golf game ON-LINE. This game truly is an outstanding golf game. Outside of the annoying little bugs it is a very cool. 

btw - What I came in here for,,lol. (getting old). The new course  -Brandon Dunes - Again, very cool course and challenging as hell (for me at least).

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sun, Dec 14 2014 7:43 AM

overtheedge:

Richard4168:
    The course looks great. Nothing beats those HD photos.

HD is what separates this game from ANY other golf game ON-LINE. This game truly is an outstanding golf game. Outside of the annoying little bugs it is a very cool. 

I have to laugh every time I hear this... HD?

There no such thing as High Definition photography, not in the sense that WGT is offering some sort of 'super resolution', it's a format for displaying on HD devices. 

HDR is different and there's nothing on this site using that. You think this game is buggy and slow now? It would grind to a screeching halt if it were trying to push HDR images to you in-game.

I really don't find the images with this game good at all, in fact they're actually pretty bad from a photographic viewpoint. This game runs within a Flash container - Flash doesn't handle hi-res images very well at all, never has, which explains why when you zoom or at all or try and run this game full screen on a 27" monitor for instance they game looks like Minecraft. 

If you leave the game within the pop up client window and don't touch it, ya it looks nice... HD? Hi-Res? No, not even close... 

Yep, I totally just sh*t on your new course guys.... [ waves ]

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Dec 14 2014 8:59 AM

Y0...ded, ya missed one.

ApexPC:
    I bet actually being there beats those HD photos. lol

But, it's OK ... thanks Mr. Helper !

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sun, Dec 14 2014 9:14 AM

SweetiePie:

Y0...ded, ya missed one.

ApexPC:
    I bet actually being there beats those HD photos. lol

But, it's OK ... thanks Mr. Helper !

Not sure what I missed. From a visual experience and perspective I'm sure it does look much nicer viewing it in person, being there, as do most landscapes and scenery. 

HD is marketing and consumer product... But you know that already... ;-)

signed, 

Mr Helper

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Dec 14 2014 1:41 PM

dedBuNNy:
    Yep, I totally just sh*t on your new course guys

LOL. Bunnies don't do that, they leave little pellets all over that my Rottweiler used to think were doggie treats.  He looked like Wilma Flintstone's dinosaur vacuum cleaner when Velvet was out.  :-D

p.s., Do you know that bunnies actually eat their own crap? It's their way of getting the most nutrients out of the bland diet they have. Think about that.  ;-)

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Sun, Dec 14 2014 2:20 PM

YancyCan:
    Its a fantastic facility -- played it twice as its just down the road a couple hours from my own course YancyLand Par2.5

come on WGT...you gotta photograph this next.....yah YancyLand...!

:-)

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sun, Dec 14 2014 4:35 PM

YankeeJim:

dedBuNNy:
    Yep, I totally just sh*t on your new course guys

LOL. Bunnies don't do that, they leave little pellets all over that my Rottweiler used to think were doggie treats.  He looked like Wilma Flintstone's dinosaur vacuum cleaner when Velvet was out.  :-D

p.s., Do you know that bunnies actually eat their own crap? It's their way of getting the most nutrients out of the bland diet they have. Think about that.  ;-)

LoL Yep... Dogs....

Well actually, point of fact - A lot animals do that... Especially ones who's diets are mostly made up of 'greens' n such. Spend some time working on a horse farm. ;)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Dec 14 2014 4:51 PM

dedBuNNy:

LoL Yep... Dogs....

Well actually, point of fact - A lot animals do that... Especially ones who's diets are mostly made up of 'greens' n such. Spend some time working on a horse farm. ;)

LOL. I wish I could  figure out how to keep my black pug from thinking her fawn mate is  a chocolate fountain. Grosses me out every time. 

Heh, from Brandon Dunes to pugs eating crap. Just another day in the 'hood.  :-D

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Sun, Dec 14 2014 6:20 PM

YankeeJim:
    Heh, from Brandon Dunes to pugs eating crap. Just another day in the 'hood.  :-D

LOL, Jim.

I spit coffee all over my desk and puter when I read this. Thanks for the Technicolor image that will never go away now, pal.

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Sun, Dec 14 2014 6:33 PM

LesterChan:

Thank you to the WGT team for your hard work in making this course. When all is said and done, this is arguably the toughest course in stroke play.

Can't wait for what else is in store.

i agree plays tough

RSS