Forums

Help › Forums

Bandon Dunes launched

Thu, Dec 18 2014 2:31 PM (49 replies)
  • ReisR
    341 Posts
    Thu, Dec 11 2014 5:14 AM

Congratulations to WGT

I have just played the new Bandon Dunes Par 3s course. From my first impressions, I must say that WGT as made a fine job of the simulation. The scenery is great and the well guarded long greens make for a nice challenge.

Overall, it is clear that a lot of work and care on detail was put on simulating these 18 holes.

My Congratulations to the WGT staff!

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Thu, Dec 11 2014 7:33 AM

+1!

This is one promise followed up, and it's a nice one. (Long) approach - putts won't be boring until we see and play a 36 over 18 holes.

For the contestants, it may be "easier" this way to produce a perfect result with the shortest of preparation.

• PurpleRain9017
    1 Posts
    Thu, Dec 11 2014 8:00 AM

Alot of player's are going to be dissapointed about Dunes par3's only  ... I just don't understand why NOT put it in as a FULL Course 18 hole's ???? Player's can only change  this Par 3's non sence !!! Everyone REFUSE to even play it & tell WGT what a waste of time on there part !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure majority will try once BUT that'll be it !!!! I know it's alot do with MONEY !!!!!!! Only my opinion Eh !!!!!

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Dec 11 2014 8:16 AM

I wrote this in another thread and will repeat it here:

Practice mode, Starter clubs and ball, Champ Tees and Champ Speed greens, Heavy wind............

......................Friggin loved it.  Very tricky greens and beautiful vista views of the surroundings.  :)))

Big Ups WGT!!!

~CD~

• roaddawgstyle
    305 Posts
    Thu, Dec 11 2014 8:50 AM

All the hype making us think that we were potentially getting Pebble Beach or at the very least another Real Full 18 course and all we get is a par 3 course yayyyyyyy.

First time in a long time I was excited to see what the overnight shut down brought us, what a let down sigghhhhhh.

Don't worry I am sure they will try to make it up to us by adding a gold 325 yard driver that only  a select few players can have

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Thu, Dec 11 2014 9:08 AM

The hype was set up by the players AFAIS, and the official promise stands: Pebble before Chambers for the VUSO.

• roaddawgstyle
    305 Posts
    Thu, Dec 11 2014 9:10 AM

No WGT not telling us anything is what set up the hype, the players guessing is what added to it.

• ReisR
    341 Posts
    Thu, Dec 11 2014 9:15 AM

Let me add to my original post the following:

After playing a few more holes, it's clear this is a fun course:

Some Augusta like greens, and if you dare to miss a green you are promptly punished by a bunker or by the nasty brush.

Thumbs up! Great gameplay fun!

• roaddawgstyle
    305 Posts
    Thu, Dec 11 2014 9:19 AM

this ranks up there with the putter pal release circa 2012

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Thu, Dec 11 2014 10:09 AM

PurpleRain9017:

... I just don't understand why NOT put it in as a FULL Course 18 hole's ???? 

Because WGT is not the only entity that decided ????

Bandon Dunes likely decided the 18 holes would be selected par 3's from the several Bandon Dunes resort courses.

RSS