Forums

Help › Forums

To All Quiters

Sun, Nov 7 2010 10:48 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AltonB
    80 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 1:12 PM

I`m really not sure whats going on,but when I started playing the WTG game I came in touch with some awesome people players,all ways looking for a good game,older golfers I would say,but here lately the players have become so disrespectful,to start a game and not finish is just an unworthy venture,if you gona quit do it in the first 3 holes,don`t wait until the end and mess the game up, so to all you quitters stop the funk, its not only you your hurting so wake up.

• scottr73
    21 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 1:35 PM

I know...it really sucks to start a 9 hole game with a foursome that took 50 minutes to play 7 holes only to have each player drop out one by one! Don't waste my time!!!!

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 1:51 PM
    started 5 rounds in 2 1/2 hours, 3 were 4somes, only one finished, with 2 players.when i started about the only ones who quit were masters trying to protect?, thier ranking, (to what end?). now it is everybody. we need a system to recognize these people. wgt could keep track of it, they track everything else. put a dot for each unfinished game behind thier present average, until 5, then another symbol notating groups of 5, until maybe 50, and another symbol, and so on (ad infinium) simular to roman numerals. then we as individuals can chose whether or not to join the group. it dosen't matter why a round goes unfinshed, because in the long run those habitual quitters will be identified. thank you, now if only wgt will assist us in this a lot of grumbling would go away..... my 2 cents.
  • borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 2:25 PM

Maybe as the people realize that under the new average system a bad round won't affect their average there won't be as many quitters. What I fail to understand is why people quit a blitz round as they have no affect on your average at all. Is the real reason people quit because they don't like to lose? Shoot I hate to lose but I won't quit just because I am being beaten.

• bfghd
    1,344 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 4:05 PM

funny, when WGT try to fix a problem, it gets worse whatever they try to fix.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 4:23 PM

bfghd:
    unny, when WGT try to fix a problem, it gets worse whatever they try to fix.

Did someone say that they are TRYING

• bfghd
    1,344 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 4:26 PM

x1524807:

bfghd:

Unfortunately it's a lousy try.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 8:05 PM

bfghd:

x1524807:

bfghd:

Unfortunately  quitters is something that is beyond the control of WGT to fix. You can not fix human nature. And as sad as it is it seems the quitters will quit no matter what you do. And there are legitimate reason for quitting. PC problems dropped internet connections and the like it would be unfair to penalize all quitters because WGT has no way of knowing why someone dropped out of a game. Sure if a person quits every time he has a lousy hole that is a pretty good indicator but without monitoring every match which would be a virtual impossibility there would be no way to know whay someone really quit.

• bfghd
    1,344 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 8:12 PM

The thing that annoys me most is the fact that this is just a GAME. borntobesting is correct, qitters qiut, you can't fix it unless you keep acurate records, which WGT probably won't do. There are other things WGT needs to fix,before quitting. Something in the right direction is better than nothing.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 10:53 PM

read my earlier reply.  it does not matter what the reason is. do not care. a bad finish record is a bad finish record, if it is a short term difficulty, tuff nuugies, over the long term the worst will be highlited.  those are the ones to avoid.  we do not need wgt  to moniter any thing but the number of unfinished rounds, let us decide who to join. thank you for your remarks.  i differ with them.  my 2 cents on this subject again.

borntobesting:

bfghd:

x1524807:

bfghd:

Unfortunately  quitters is something that is beyond the control of WGT to fix. You can not fix human nature. And as sad as it is it seems the quitters will quit no matter what you do. And there are legitimate reason for quitting. PC problems dropped internet connections and the like it would be unfair to penalize all quitters because WGT has no way of knowing why someone dropped out of a game. Sure if a person quits every time he has a lousy hole that is a pretty good indicator but without monitoring every match which would be a virtual impossibility there would be no way to know whay someone really quit.

• PAGES
RSS