Forums

Help › Forums

Buy a decent putter.. It is worth it

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 21 2010 7:47 PM (53 replies)
  • PGAbound67
    565 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 4:36 PM

Trust me...go back and count them again...you are right that there are only 9 moves on the 150 and 300 scale....but the meter isn't full after 9 moves, there is still an amount that is exactly equal to the distance in one move to another on that scale. Let's say that each movement comes 4cm apart...after 9 moves on, there is still 4cm left on the meter. That makes the numbers even, the first 9 moves are 15 and 30ft respectively.

on the 150ft putter it's- 15,30,45,60,75,90,105,120,135. Those are your 9 moves, and you still have room left on the power meter. It's the exact distance on the meter as it is between each movement of the putter, it just doesn't move at the max power spot is all.

same as the 300- 30,60,90,120,150,180,21,240,270. then you still have some left, just like above.

The confusion here is there not being a movement at the max power position. but the distance from the 9th movement to the maximum power meter is the exact distance there is between each of the other moves, making it the same increment of power.

as for the 90ft scale, which is one of my faves also...it goes like this.

12,24,36,48,60,72,84. Those are your 7 movements, but there is exactly half of the distance it takes from each movement left on the meter, therefore making the last little bit from 84 to the end a distance of 6ft. Its juse like it is with the 15ft scale...there are 2 movements of 6 ft, but there is still exactly half of one of those movements worth 3ft at the end of the scale.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 4:53 PM

....there's considerable doubt about the gender of this particular poster, this being the umpteenth ID it's had. 

So that's what poster xx, was referring to w/Mr.X......DAH

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 5:00 PM

Now.Whats the link for that masters?

Lizzie

XW/MANY#'S

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 5:51 PM

b0geybuster:
    Enlighten me how having a putter relates to getting a doctorate on the internet?  It seems to be that you are misinformed, mislead, and just missing the point.  

Happy to provide the information that you ordered

One morning I decide  I want to be a Doctor, and would like to get a doctorate, but I have a high school education. Well the internet makes your dream come true. You will find some phony university on the internet that will sell you a diploma saying you have received your doctorate from their university, but you must send 2000 dollars.

ok, hope you are following me

One morning I decide that I want to become a master at WGT, so I need something to improve my 72 avg. The best I can do with my regualar clubs is a 72, but WGT says send us 800 credits, we will send you a putter that will make you a master. You see, the high school education is equal to regular clubs, and the doctorate equals the putter.

Hope you followed me, and I say cheers to you.

Oh, by the way, if you want to be a legend they will send you drivers, woods, irons and balls (no joke) for some more credits, and I forgot to tell you one thing ---credits equal money

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Mon, Nov 8 2010 9:40 AM

.....Oh, by the way, if you want to be a legend they will send you........

And if you do nothing but criticize, and like mediocrity, just follow Xw/many#'s advise.

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Mon, Nov 8 2010 12:01 PM

x1524807:

One morning I decide that I want to become a master at WGT, so I need something to improve my 72 avg. The best I can do with my regualar clubs is a 72, but WGT says send us 800 credits, we will send you a putter that will make you a master. You see, the high school education is equal to regular clubs, and the doctorate equals the putter.

Oh, by the way, if you want to be a legend they will send you drivers, woods, irons and balls (no joke) for some more credits, and I forgot to tell you one thing ---credits equal money

Simple answer to that frankly ridiculous statment - PROVE it. Spend 8 dollars on these "magic" putters and "magnetic balls" and lets see if your avg improves by 8 strokes.

And don't say you do not want to spend money on WGT - such credits can be earned from surveys in a day.

It really seems to mev that you are the type of person that needs to purchase a doctorate.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Mon, Nov 8 2010 2:43 PM

oneputtdavid:
     And if you do nothing but criticize, and like mediocrity, just follow Xw/many#'s advise.

unfortunately one putt you cannot distinguish between being critical and being truthful.

The truth always hurts, especially when you are the benefactor of help.

I prefer to play the game the way it came out of the box, and any improvement in my game comes from my skill, not going to the internet and buying my doctorate, and may many cheers be yours, and with that putter your wish of one putt has come true

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Mon, Nov 8 2010 2:45 PM

mohuyu:
    It really seems to mev that you are the type of person that needs to purchase a doctorate.

I have no reason to purchase a doctorate or a putter, but if you feel you have the need, go ahead. You have my approval

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Mon, Nov 8 2010 3:13 PM

"I prefer to play the game the way it came out of the box".........

Being in the box is one thing. Fearful to come out of the box is another. Thats the question?

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Mon, Nov 8 2010 4:42 PM

oneputtdavid:
    Being in the box is one thing. Fearful to come out of the box is another. Thats the question?

LOL, the truth will set you free

RSS