Sun, Nov 21 2010 7:47 PM (53 replies)
  • speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 7:43 AM

I finally bought a decent putter... Watch out people!! lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 8:55 AM

And you got a good one, Speedy. I've been using it since it came out and it is definitely a game changer. Here's a discussion on it when it was first introduced. GL

http://wgt.com/forums/p/4232/22425.aspx#22425

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 8:56 AM

I score like that (27) should = immediate progression to the Legend Tier!

Cheers,

bogey

• ryan4spurs
    828 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 9:08 AM

I personally don't use the Redwood putter. I'm a Daytona man, but completely agree that a decent putter should be a mandatory purchase for any player.

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 9:38 AM

The L word!!!!!  oh nooooo!!!! lol...  just playing.. I'll give it a shot!!! Hey WGT.. move me to Legend!!!!

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 10:06 AM

None the less, congrats on a suberb round speedyschic.

Cheers,

b0gey

• DuffyWaldorf
    286 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 4:53 PM

i was told the SPIDER sucks...something about the 2 1/2 movements on a 25 ft scale = 10 ft for the 1st movement compared to 6 feet with a Starter putter. (Based on FAST greens of course) But still...not very precise if you have to estimate that much.

How do the other putters break down their movements???

Thanks

Happy Golfing

Joe

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 6:06 PM

DuffyWaldorf:

i was told the SPIDER sucks...something about the 2 1/2 movements on a 25 ft scale = 10 ft for the 1st movement compared to 6 feet with a Starter putter. (Based on FAST greens of course) But still...not very precise if you have to estimate that much.

How do the other putters break down their movements???

Thanks

Happy Golfing

Joe

When I used the spider I wasn't using the avatar movement style of putting I just tried to guess how far to move the putter back. When I first bought the Daytona I read Nivlac,s putting guide and started using the avatar movement style.I now use the Master Redwood.These are my break downs.

Daytona 15=2 1/2 6 foot movements                                                                                              30=5 6 foot movements                                                                                                                  60=5 12 foot movements                                                                                                                90= 7 12.86 foot movements                                                                                                           150 =9 16.667 foot movements                                                                                                     300=9 33.3333 foot movements

Redwood 15 &  30  same as Daytona                                                                                         45=5 9 foot movements                                                                                                                   90,150&300 same as Daytona

Some people say 13 and 17 for the 90 and 150 scale but I tried to take it as close as I could get it.

I particularly like the 45 scale on the redwood.       

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 7:06 PM

As far as I'm concerned I did better with my begginers putter than the spider. I have since changed to the redwood and the difference is huge - I am sinking putts that I never would have dreamed of with ease. I don't know about the movements for the redwood or daytona - maybe the more experience guys could answer that

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 7:49 PM

mohuyu:

As far as I'm concerned I did better with my begginers putter than the spider. I have since changed to the redwood and the difference is huge - I am sinking putts that I never would have dreamed of with ease. I don't know about the movements for the redwood or daytona - maybe the more experience guys could answer that

look above

RSS