Forums

Help › Forums

Comeon WGT - Beat the cheat

Thu, Nov 27 2014 3:17 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Addohm
    228 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 5:44 PM

There are glaringly obvious people that cheat but nothing is done to give the legit players a fighting chance.  You can pull up the #1 player from just about any tournament and find them.  Someone who just began playing this month shooting 56's is completely suspect.  Probably a sandbagger, which is also something that can be fought.  It's pretty tiring at this point.  I know cheats are in every game but there are also plenty of people who can stop it, or fight it, or make life worse for cheaters.

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 12:25 PM

If you feel that a player is a cheater contact Support so that we can investigate. We investigate accounts and if it is determined that a violation of our Terms occurred, then we close them down. With so many players registered it is difficult to track and locate all the cheaters. That is why we also rely on the community. 

http://www.wgt.com/help-request.aspx

• thesnakeyes
    892 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 6:41 PM

what total BS from the mod as has been shown in the first CC clash game WGT actually condones cheating and awards the prize to the club that actually cheated and was given to the person who cheated most so dont hold your breath OPY

• Addohm
    228 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 11:07 PM

A simple algorithm can flag a player for evaluation.  The data is already there.  I report players I encounter, but I will not sit here and try to sift through every player that ruins the tournament experience.  That's YOUR job.

• Agassi1991
    777 Posts
    Thu, Nov 27 2014 12:31 AM

And here we go again!!

Agassi1991

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Thu, Nov 27 2014 4:40 AM

Addohm:
    I report players I encounter, but I will not sit here and try to sift through every player that ruins the tournament experience.

Yes, I think you should be the one to police this site and turn people in. I'm sure you qualify, after all, you opened this account 3 and a half years ago, but starter playing last month, so you could know a lot about this. The other guy needed a sleeve of Srixons or what? Or was the coma you were in that long ;-)

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Nov 27 2014 6:01 AM

OK going to get a bunch of static on this, but the only thing WGT can do to fight cheats is to offer the WGT auto dinger then  everyone  is on the same playing  field .

If you  feel thats  what u need to compete then you need to  perchance  it , or it can be given away as a CC bonus like Shot pal ,and putter pal, but that is the only way this situation will end.

So the ball has been put in WGTs court it is up to them to offer this and stop all this cheating business or ignore it and the players that are troubled with the cheaters will just have to put up with it, or find another game.  

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Nov 27 2014 6:49 AM

Woodoworkery:
    OK going to get a bunch of static on this, but the only thing WGT can do to fight cheats is to offer the WGT auto dinger then  everyone  is on the same playing  field .

While they're at it they will need to allow multi accounting, playing for someone else and any other cheating that may happen.  Jeez, what nonsense.  Make a tool like this available in the pro shop and the game is completely ruined. 

Woodoworkery:
    So the ball has been put in WGTs court

No, a random post has come up with a daft idea and WGT should ignore it.  What they need to do is detect the use of this and stop it, I'm (fairly) sure they are trying to.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Nov 27 2014 7:35 AM

If you have the WGTauto dinger there will be no need for multi accounts, playing for another player.

Why would this still happen ? That would end , the cheats  gripe would end, So once again  I say the ball is in WGTs court.

Now if you have guys that have nothing else to do but  to reply on why this would not work,then I think they have way too much time on their hands.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Nov 27 2014 7:37 AM

The only , and I mean only other thing that could happen ,and I think it would be so  impossible  that we don't have to worry about it ,would be a cheat that showed you where to put the marker when putting.

• PAGES
RSS