Forums

Help › Forums

TIBBETS

Mon, Nov 8 2010 2:33 PM (34 replies)
  • golfer342
    132 Posts
    Thu, Nov 4 2010 9:10 PM

Does anyone know what happened to him and why the best player to ever play this (our) game quit?

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Thu, Nov 4 2010 9:29 PM

I think the story is that he moved to a state that does not allow him to play for money, so he quit.

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Nov 5 2010 5:19 AM

Actually he already lived in a state that did not allow skilled gaming, so there weren't many options left for him...

• SystemCrash
    209 Posts
    Fri, Nov 5 2010 8:01 AM

CharlemagneRH:

I think the story is that he moved to a state that does not allow him to play for money, so he quit.

That must suck! You play in a state (or a country) that does not allow you to play for money, but you still have to pay to be competitive in this game! I know they want to prevent gambling, but can you really gamble and jeopardize your familly budget with WGT? It is still cheaper than the 5 pairs of shoes and 4 purses a year that our wives are spending for. Am I right? ;-)

Rob.

• golfer342
    132 Posts
    Fri, Nov 5 2010 9:36 AM

SystemCrash:

CharlemagneRH:

That must suck! You play in a state (or a country) that does not allow you to play for money, but you still have to pay to be competitive in this game! I know they want to prevent gambling, but can you really gamble and jeopardize your familly budget with WGT? It is still cheaper than the 5 pairs of shoes and 4 purses a year that our wives are spending for. Am I right? ;-)

Rob.

It does seem a bit odd ...I wonder if Tibbets location played that big of role. I know toward the end Tibbets expressed considerable frustration with WGT....

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Fri, Nov 5 2010 10:18 AM

Who's this Tibbets guy, sounds sort of made up to me ;)

• MOOMOO
    1 Posts
    Fri, Nov 5 2010 10:46 AM
    1. Tibbets was a  Legend before the Legend tier existed.  He use to p me off because he would come out of nowhere and take your first place postion in tourneys.  He had some awesome shots saved.  Concensus at this office is he may have been an employee of WGT. Just a vicious rumor surely.
    1,644 Posts
    Fri, Nov 5 2010 11:51 AM

ncviz:

Who's this Tibbets guy, sounds sort of made up to me ;)

LOL there were certainly times where he was "unreal"... that's for sure!

• pricehcs
    288 Posts
    Fri, Nov 5 2010 11:54 AM

Amen - the truest machine who ever played.

• TarheelsRule
    5,480 Posts
    Fri, Nov 5 2010 12:07 PM

Tibbets was the best player on WGT, truely a Legend before the term was used.  He was also one of the nicest guys on the site...............he would frustrate you because you always looked for his name on the leaderboard and if you didn't see it you knew your place was not safe.

Not sure I buy the state issue, I also live in a state that doesn't allow me to play in the match play for credits or the ready go's and still enjoy the site.  I do know he was a little frustrated by the all the cheating talk that follows all the good players.  Hope he will come back to WGT one day, he is missed.

RSS