Forums

Help › Forums

Uneven Lies Ryder Cup @ Olympic: Jan2015: Qualification Thread

Thu, Jan 8 2015 8:33 AM (28 replies)
  • mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Thu, Dec 11 2014 6:59 AM

I keep thinking I'm going to turn it around one of these weeks but I haven't been able to yet. I'm not playing as much as I used to, which is hurting my putting. Seriously in danger of missing the team with thunder6255 coming on strong now.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Dec 11 2014 8:17 AM

mmyers0:

I keep thinking I'm going to turn it around one of these weeks but I haven't been able to yet. I'm not playing as much as I used to, which is hurting my putting. Seriously in danger of missing the team with thunder6255 coming on strong now.

You look to be playing pretty good to me. I shot +2 on Best of Hardest. I got nothing. :(((

• unclenewy
    334 Posts
    Thu, Dec 11 2014 11:33 AM

Corwyn:
    And some good showings in the last few weeks of the Tour

I was quite happy squeezing into the top 50, but to be honest I have to thank Tekoma for that.

Watching his videos and studying his method has helped my putting no end.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 3:00 PM

UEL Ryder Cup @ Olympic :: Team Standings:  after week 50 tourney at Pinehurst

see post above for explanation of how these spreadsheets work

Below are updated sheets for each Team's qualification status following wk50 results at Pinehurst in the UEL Fall Tour. Please check that everything is correct: I'll keep updating the Player List with anyone who adds their name to the thread as intending to try and qualify. Note: to be a part of this you just need to play the weekly UEL single-play tourney (and shoot par or better, or finish with a credit prize).

Click on images below to go straight to respective spreadsheets, or right-click images below to open in new tab, and zoom in to see full size ....

Team USA: qualification standings after wk50 tourney

Team ROW: qualification standings after wk50 tourney

With just 2 events left for qualification, here is how things stand:

For Team USA:

Steady play from Ben (bhoese) all Tour means it would take a win and a high finish from Russ (ColumbusStorm) to topple him as leading US credit winner in the TL tier (unless of course, we get a late team entry from xfipro!).

mmyers0's still holds top spot as leading US player in the L credit standings, but there are two strong challengers vying for a route onto the US team via this method in thunder6255 and CerinoDevoti both of whom may be just a win away from catching mm.

The next four spots on the US team go to the next highest finishers in the combined best 9 scores credits standing, and right now they are ColumbusStorm, BigKnight, GolferDadRB and DaveDwingdale... but KyRock75, Wesdogg75, and Thunder are not far behind.

Currently, Wes, Rock and Cerino are in line to qualify via the next route, the next highest 3 finishers in the Best 9 scores combined Relative to Par... but Devonnnn is still seeking a place and realistically, only has this avenue into the team still available. He's just 2 shots back of Cerino.

For Team ROW:

It looks like our VT champ Mags (fmagnets) can't be caught as TL tier leading credits winner, while in L tier JoeMaverick has a sizeable lead on emmalinks in 2nd, and Corwyn in 3rd, and seems likely to secure that qualifying spot.

FairwayRuepel68, johehejo, emmalinks and KonradOse all appear to have the next four spots wrapped up from the best 9 credits finishers for the ROW team, with only Corwyn close enough to perhaps catch one of them.

In the relative to par standings, Priestess, Saurabh08 and Wontonamo are all well placed, with Lou (Daskino) currently set to be the final player to secure an automatic spot via this route. Lou holds a 4 shot lead over Corwyn in this category, while DodgyPutter and Tgkomv are also close behind.

So I find myself in dire need of a couple of good closing tourneys to try and make the team, as I'm just one spot off a qualifying place in a couple of categories!

Amidst all this speculation, a win by any one of half a dozen players would propel them into the team.

And, please remember that alternates will be needed, so keep battling for your highest possible finish!

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 5:12 PM

Thanks for all the work you do Corwyn on these charts.

Wanna say something to the group. I'm damn happy and proud that Mags is in this thing with us. I see lots of super low average players on this site and many of them do nothing but moan and cry about UEL and won't play it. Mags won the VT final and kicks right brute azz in the UEL ranks with us. :)

~CD~ 

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Dec 25 2014 4:30 PM

UEL Ryder Cup @ Olympic :: Team Standings:  after week 51 tourney at St. Andrews

Below are updated sheets for each Team's qualification status following wk51 results at St. Andrews in the UEL Fall Tour. Please check that everything is correct: I'll keep updating the Player List with anyone who adds their name to the thread as intending to try and qualify. Note: to be a part of this you just need to play the weekly UEL single-play tourney (and shoot par or better, or finish with a credit prize).

Click on images below to go straight to respective spreadsheets, or right-click images below to open in new tab, and zoom in to see full size ....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE NOTE: the credit allocations for wk51 are estimates at this stage, and thus the standings involving credits are all provisional. Given the holidays, it seemed unlikely that WGT would get to closing out this tourney soon enough to help us know what we needed to shoot in the final week of the Tour, hence I have estimated the likely credit disbursement based on the payout rules in the FAQ.

Team USA: qualification standings after wk51 tourney

Team ROW: qualification standings after wk51 tourney

Analysis to follow asap...

Please remember that alternates will be needed, so keep battling this week for your highest possible finish!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Dec 25 2014 7:43 PM

With just this last week's tourney @ Oakmont (see leaderboard here) left for qualification, here is how things stand:

For Team USA:

Ben (bhoese) is now guaranteed the top spot as leading US credit winner in the TL tier (unless of course, we get a late team entry from xfipro!).

mmyers0 still holds top spot as leading US player in the L credit standings,nd it would now take a win from either thunder6255 and CerinoDevoti and a low finish from mm to topple him.

The next four spots on the US team go to the next highest finishers in the combined best 9 scores credits standing, and right now they are still ColumbusStorm, BigKnight, GolferDadRB and DaveDwingdale... but Wesdogg75 and KyRock75 are just a few credits behind... and, looking at the already-posted scores for wk52, Rock is already in the clubhouse with a 59, while DaveD has 67 and Wes 69. Unless a number of additional players better his score, it looks like Rock will jump ahead of both the others and claim this spot.

Currently Rock is set to qualify anyway via the next route into the team, being amongst the next highest 3 finishers in the Best 9 scores combined Relative to Par. Also in that category is Wes, and CerinoDevoti. If Rock supplants DaveD in the category above, Dave will certainly get in via the Relative to Par route.

All of this leaves Cerino's place the only one in any doubt. His Best 9 scores currently put him 5 shots clear of Devonnnn. If Cerino is curious, and wants to put himself under some additional pressure, he can check out Devon's early score in the clubhouse for wk52, and know his target!!!

For Team ROW:

VT champ Mags (fmagnets) is definitely our TL tier leading credits winner, while in L tier JoeMaverick still leads but only by 130cr from Corwyn now in 2nd spot, and 159 from emmalinks in 3rd. Barring another Corwyn win, Joe still seems likely to secure that qualifying spot.

FairwayRuepel68KonradOse, johehejo, and emmalinks all appear to have the next four spots wrapped up from the best 9 credits finishers for the ROW team, but Corwyn 's win last week gives him an outside chance to catch the latter two.

In the relative to par standings, Saurabh08PriestessDaskino and Wontonamo have their spots all but guaranteed. Lou (Daskino) has had a particularly impressive last couple of weeks, shooting -12 last week, and in the clubhouse with -13 already for wk52. Despite his -13 last week, Corwyn is no closer to securing a spot via this route: to catch Tom (Wontonamo), he would, I think, have to shoot 8 shots better in this week's event.

It's looking pretty dire for your event organizer, lol, who is rueing the absence of any event at Olympic this Tour (his favorite course).

As well as alternates, team captains will be looking to make captain's picks for the event, so keep trying to impress!

Good luck!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Dec 28 2014 5:33 AM

Corwyn:
    PLEASE NOTE: the credit allocations for wk51 are estimates at this stage, and thus the standings involving credits are all provisional. Given the holidays, it seemed unlikely that WGT would get to closing out this tourney soon enough to help us know what we needed to shoot in the final week of the Tour, hence I have estimated the likely credit disbursement based on the payout rules in the FAQ.

FYI all: WGT did get to doing payout for wk51 (on Friday, I think), and my estimates for credit allocations were all correct, so, as far as I can tell, the qualification standings are all accurate.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Dec 30 2014 7:21 PM

UEL Ryder Cup @ Olympic :: Final Team Standings:  after week 52 tourney at Oakmont

Below are updated sheets for each Team's qualification status following wk52 results at Oakmont in the UEL Fall Tour. Please check that everything is correct: I'll keep updating the Player List with anyone who adds their name to the thread as intending to try and qualify. Note: to be a part of this you just had to play the weekly UEL single-play tourney (and shoot par or better, or finish with a credit prize).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE NOTE: the credit allocations for wk52 are estimates at this stage, and thus the standings involving credits are all provisional. Given the holidays, it seemed unlikely that WGT would get to closing out this tourney soon enough to help us know quickly what the final Tour standings were, hence I have estimated the likely credit disbursement based on the payout rules in the FAQ.

Team USA: qualification standings after wk52 tourney

Team ROW: qualification standings after wk52 tourney

Analysis, written explanation etc to follow asap...

Please remember that alternates will be needed, so even if you missed out on automatic team qualification, feel free to indicate your availability for the Ryder Cup (to be held at Olympic in a few weeks time) so that Team Captains know whether or not to consider you.

Hint to ROW team captain... I have it on good authority that Corwyn is definitely available, and would not say no to a captain's pick if chosen.

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Tue, Dec 30 2014 9:12 PM

Corwyn:

Hint to ROW team captain... I have it on good authority that Corwyn is definitely available, and would not say no to a captain's pick if chosen.

Hint,    me too

RSS