Forums

Help › Forums

"fixing" Pinehurst #2 - hole 4

Wed, Dec 3 2014 11:36 AM (43 replies)
  • chancer22
    3 Posts
    Tue, Dec 2 2014 8:06 AM

It appears to me that wgt has a problem with their adding up,  quite often I can add up the distance of my drive and the distance left to the hole and it can be as much as 25 to 40yrds   different  from the overall distance that was shown before i teed off ? I know that it will vary a little if you go off line and veer left or right  with your shot but I have hit straight shots  towards the hole and the  sums do not add up. Also most times I can be say 25yrds from the green and hit straight towards the hole  of say 23yrd  and in my maths , i should be left with  2yrds  put or 6ft, but again its nearly always out by 1yrd and will say i am 3yrds from hole.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Tue, Dec 2 2014 11:08 AM

You will have to specify the course & hole for a correct answer.

Most of the numbers are quite correct, and the current distance to the pin is always shown correctly from the blue dot on the mini map. Differences come from various sources.

Obviously, dog legs are out of this race, see BPB #1. We are talking of straight holes.

The old courses have the scorecard lengths measured to one pin position. If an alternative pin is in use, you will experience a "wrong" length. Exception: Par3s, where the scorecard length is adapted to the pin pos.

Prominent example is STA, easily visible at #1 and #10.

New courses (?from OLY?) have the scorecard length approximately measured to green center. Then, the length to either pin is different.

And, there is at least one hole with plainly wrong numbers: OLY #2. For the short tees, scorecard length is before or at the front of the green - nonsense.

For PIN, the examination is missing.

• chancer22
    3 Posts
    Wed, Dec 3 2014 7:03 AM

[alosso"]

You will have to specify the course & hole for a correct answer.

Most of the numbers are quite correct, and the current distance to the pin is always shown correctly from the blue dot on the mini map. Differences come from various sources.

Obviously, dog legs are out of this race, see BPB #1. We are talking of straight holes.

The old courses have the scorecard lengths measured to one pin position. If an alternative pin is in use, you will experience a "wrong" length. Exception: Par3s, where the scorecard length is adapted to the pin pos.

Prominent example is STA, easily visible at #1 and #10.

New courses (?from OLY?) have the scorecard length approximately measured to green center. Then, the length to either pin is different.

And, there is at least one hole with plainly wrong numbers: OLY #2. For the short tees, scorecard length is before or at the front of the green - nonsense.

For PIN, the examination is missing.

[ Hi Alosso , thanks for your  reply, it don't explain the problem though of the distances hit on to the green , ie-  if it says  33yrds from pin and you hit say 31yrds then you should be 2yrds from hole but in most cases the distance is nearly always 1yrd out ?

On another note , I have noticed that when putting  in reverse view , as the ball is going straight for the hole the screen will suddenly flash and change and then the ball will miss the hole ? This has happened on quite short puts as well as long puts and it appears to me that the game is  programmed  so that you  lose so many games or holes ]

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Wed, Dec 3 2014 11:36 AM

chancer22:
    Hi Alosso , thanks for your  reply, it don't explain the problem though of the distances hit on to the green , ie-  if it says  33yrds from pin and you hit say 31yrds then you should be 2yrds from hole but in most cases the distance is nearly always 1yrd out ?

You're welcome.

I didn't quite understand that second part because there was no paragraph or other separation.

Your equation is only true when the shot is straight at the flag. I you hit sideways, the distance will be bigger.

Concerning the putts I can't tell, I usually don't putt from reverse.

RSS