Forums

Help › Forums

Another Online Golf Game?

Mon, Mar 9 2015 5:23 PM (50 replies)
  • Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 1:24 PM

Will someone recommend another online golf game that I can consider joining.  I've had enough of WGT.  There was/is another one similar to this, but I can't remember the name. 

I've enjoyed the game of golf here, made friends with and had good craic with people from all parts of the globe.  Running the two clubs I had was a a very enjoyable hobby that I will miss. 

The information below is the last straw for me.   Copied from the post: Is Your Data Safe?

dedBuNNy:
    All I can say, and not wanting to derail the thread anymore that it has been, but; Given the partnerships WGT has entered into and by aligning themselves with companies who are known scams and known within the on-line security industry to be dumping malware, spyware, one is actually part of a bot-farm. 
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 1:48 PM

Are you serious?? You're going to react to one paranoid individual's POV and run away? Stay the hell away from offers and such if you're so freaked out. 

And the name of that other golf game is Perfect Parallel. GL with that. Oh, forgot, it's still not out for play nor is there anything else even close to WGT out there. 

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 1:56 PM

+1 Jim.. Great response.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 2:11 PM

GONE

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 2:15 PM

GONE

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 2:24 PM

Froot loops 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 2:29 PM

Dubfore:
    There you go again, defending the indefensible.  Are you part of the WGT staff?  

What's to defend? What better example can I give you of the folly of your thinking-I've been here over 5 years and haven't had one single issue with anything related to malware, spyware, financial funny business or any other off color scheme. 

Dubfore:
    From those 16,000+ posts you have 'YankeeJim', you of all people know well the many problems on this site

I do and I'll tell you there isn't a single WGT condoned scam anywhere. Never has been. Anything you've experienced comes from you not being diligent. Period. Point that finger someplace else as you apparently need someone to blame. WGT isn't at fault for your misery.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 2:38 PM

GONE

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 3:12 PM

a) WGT does business with Peanut labs, Trialpay, Supersonic, Live Gamer...THEY do business with the scammers and WGT has no say so on it...not sticking up for them but get the facts right...if ya stick to surveys and videos you won't have a problem...if you do the offers and stick with the reputable companies you won't have a problem either, but most of those are a trap best avoided.

b) Perfect Parallel has announced they will open business in Jan. 2015, they also announce they would be open in Jan. 2014, and Jan 2013, should it be true this time you get to create your own courses instead of playing US Open courses, and buy new gear all over again...

c) Common sense and a little computer know how solves all those problems you speak of, although I have never once has a problem with malware/spyware here, attempts that were squelched but none successful, I am a little confused that the person you quote works with computers, sees all these problems, yet never posts a "how to protect" yourself from sh!t  that my kids knew how to fix in middle school...I guess because they listened!

d) Does anyone think for a second it won't be the same sh!t over there, after you pay the  fee to play!

Anyway, best of luck to ya over there...

• B1gert
    31 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 3:58 PM

Dubfore:

Will someone recommend another online golf game that I can consider joining.  I've had enough of WGT.  There was/is another one similar to this, but I can't remember the name. 

I've enjoyed the game of golf here, made friends with and had good craic with people from all parts of the globe.  Running the two clubs I had was a a very enjoyable hobby that I will miss. 

The information below is the last straw for me.   Copied from the post: Is Your Data Safe?

dedBuNNy:
    All I can say, and not wanting to derail the thread anymore that it has been, but; Given the partnerships WGT has entered into and by aligning themselves with companies who are known scams and known within the on-line security industry to be dumping malware, spyware, one is actually part of a bot-farm. 

Really dude?.

Any online game needs a back bench working to succeed and continue to stay afloat. Moving away from these issues and funny business you think is going on ( lmao ) at WGT and its sponsors is going to place you in another 1. ( lmao ).

Stay off the internet dude you are a danger to yourself. OH maybe Xbox or PSP has something to your liking, oh i forgot, don't connect to the internet with them and you will feel safe. Happy gaming dude.

RSS