Help › Forums

Are Championship Games Harder?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 24 2014 12:32 PM (39 replies)
  • derekortt
    656 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 6:57 PM

fatdan:

Now the monthly Tour tournaments and RG's are different, deviation is cranked up, but for every level, not just TL's...if it wasn't you would just have a long list of low scores and everyone loses credits.

Is that really true? If it were, why would the same people consistently place high or win the RGs?

What I have found is that it not deviation in these tournaments, aside from the pressure felt by the players themselves. I've found I can get nervous when I am in a big tourney when shooting a very low score, and that can lead to mistakes

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 7:34 PM

derekortt:

Is that really true? If it were, why would the same people consistently place high or win the RGs?

Wellll. I don't want to touch that one...LOL...but I do have an opinion on that which has recently been discussed  LMAO

What I have found is that it not deviation in these tournaments, aside from the pressure felt by the players themselves. I've found I can get nervous when I am in a big tourney when shooting a very low score, and that can lead to mistakes

That's true, I do find that myself...however I see yardages on shots I know very well be way off the norm in monthly tour events...and wgt has indicated it was in the past...

• rqueen
    57 Posts
    Sun, Nov 23 2014 2:03 PM

Both, did not hit the wheel nor do I have one. 

Sorry, mistype!  It was 20mph!

The 126 yard drive was only once, but I have had unusually short (and long) distances with all of my clubs.  I was only singling out the drive since that was "more unusual" than any of the others!

I hit the drive with my 282 yard driver and it went only 126 yards with a 20 mile wind against my back!

Perhaps I should be having you watch my shots for me since you apparently are completely convinced that you know better than I do as to what happened.  I am very curious as to why you are so vehemently denying what happened.  Especially considering you have no idea who I am and are very convinced that I have no idea how to play this game???

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sun, Nov 23 2014 3:03 PM

rqueen:
    I hit the drive with my 282 yard driver and it went only 126 yards with a 20 mile wind against my back!

You mean like the 102 y drive you have saved in your replays and you somehow found it strange that the ball stopped short after HITTING THAT EFFIN' TREE ON OLY #5? C'mon man.

replay.aspx?ID=41702421 d4e8 408b 97fe a337016aa54f

rqueen:
    Especially considering you have no idea who I am and are very convinced that I have no idea how to play this game???

One look at your stats and everyone would be convinced. Shooting +1 on the B9 of BOF says it all. Your approaches are bad, but your sand saves, scrambles and putting are horrible. So please, spare us from how inconsistently your game is playing, cause it's pretty obvious you have no idea what your club distances are with different spin and winds. Infact, the way VEM works, your clubs probably have a sweet spot the size of Texas, otherwise your GIR would be even worse than 72 %. Ever thought it could be a good idea to remember what your shots do on different holes? Cause not all holes play the same, it's down to you to either learn how to do it properly or whine about it. Jeeeez

rqueen:
    Perhaps I should be having you watch my shots for me since you apparently are completely convinced that you know better than I do as to what happened.

But then again, you have a right to talk nonsense and keep explaining how the game works to 2 people, who are trying to help you and would most likely beat you, even if they played with starter gear from tips.

• rqueen
    57 Posts
    Mon, Nov 24 2014 5:07 AM

Well,considering that I had put that up there a long time ago when I was pretty new and at the time I did not realize it had hit the tree.  Someone had pointed that out to me a long time ago and I had forgotten to take it down.

"One look at your stats and everyone would be convinced. Shooting +1 on the B9 of BOF says it all."  I could say that looking at your stats, and replays that you are using a "cheater"(and before you start saying there is no cheaters, anyone that knows anything at all about computers know that it would be child's play for a computer geek to write one up).  And yes I know all about my stats which I had discussed with a couple of others a while back and I had told them about having 3 bone spurs pressing onto my spinal column which affects my eyes and the timing of when I pressed the bar.  Which is fine with me and one of the biggest jokes I have ever read is "But then again, you have a right to talk nonsense and keep explaining how the game works to 2 people, who are trying to help you and would most likely beat you, even if they played with starter gear from tips."  Because for one thing you would not help someone if their life depended upon it because you act too egotistical because you probably think you are "hot stuff" because you are probably using a cheater to make your game look good and to cheat everyone that does not use one.  What started this is I MENTIONED about the drive(I did not ask for suggestions from the outhouse) (which I understood that more than likely there WAS a glitch which caused it and which is entirely possible because computer programs are not perfect) and someone arrogant ja*ka** decided to try to deride, ridicule and whatever else because they do not play like you do.  I would not want to play like you do because of what I consider the possibility of the way you are doing it!   And I do not care if I hit every shot perfectly because I would only play with someone that I know for a fact to play honestly!  Man, what a poor excuse of a joke I am talking to!

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Mon, Nov 24 2014 6:54 AM

I could say that looking at your stats, and replays that you are using a "cheater"(and before you start saying there is no cheaters, anyone that knows anything at all about computers know that it would be child's play for a computer geek to write one up). 

Well... I was in the beginning mildly sympathetic and curious as to the shot.... 

However with that one moronic statement/accusation you pretty well took the shotgun, shoved the barrel right up your butt and blew your own head clean off.

In all honesty, you should quit, ask to have this account disabled and start again, perhaps learning to actually play a little better. 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Nov 24 2014 7:10 AM

dedBuNNy:

I could say that looking at your stats, and replays that you are using a "cheater"(and before you start saying there is no cheaters, anyone that knows anything at all about computers know that it would be child's play for a computer geek to write one up). 

Well... I was in the beginning mildly sympathetic and curious as to the shot.... 

However with that one moronic statement/accusation you pretty well took the shotgun, shoved the barrel right up your butt and blew your own head clean off.

In all honesty, you should quit, ask to have this account disabled and start again, perhaps learning to actually play a little better. 

Grr, trying to reform Rick

Pass the gun, I'll shoot the rabbit  :)

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Nov 24 2014 10:03 AM

rqueen:
    I will say that this game is way more glitchy than real golf.  I have been playing real golf for 25 years

.... them about having 3 bone spurs pressing onto my spinal column which affects my eyes and the timing of when I pressed the bar.

Golf is really hard on your back, yet you are still able to play, you just can't click a mouse?

rqueen:

I could say that looking at your stats, and replays that you are using a "cheater"(and before you start saying there is no cheaters, anyone that knows anything at all about computers know that it would be child's play for a computer geek to write one up).  And yes

Because for one thing you would not help someone if their life depended upon it because you act too egotistical because you probably think you are "hot stuff" because you are probably using a cheater to make your game look good and to cheat everyone that does not use one...  blah blah blah....  I would not want to play like you do because of what I consider the possibility of the way you are doing it!   And I do not care if I hit every shot perfectly because I would only play with someone that I know for a fact to play honestly!  Man, what a poor excuse of a joke I am talking to!

OOOOOK, Nuff said! For sure this time! I love it when these conspiracy types hang themselves with their own words....

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Nov 24 2014 10:15 AM

rqueen:
    I could say that looking at your stats, and replays that you are using a "cheater"

Interesting the often excuses / blame everything save the real problem from people that are not very good.  Sad reality is just that hard to swallow for several of these types.  I do wonder if deep down they realise how daft it is on top of just sucking at the game.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Mon, Nov 24 2014 12:32 PM

rqueen:
    Well,considering that I had put that up there a long time ago when I was pretty new and at the time I did not realize it had hit the tree.  Someone had pointed that out to me a long time ago and I had forgotten to take it down.

The replay was at the top, before you deleted it. This means it was later than March 22 (if I remember correctly, it was sometime in April of this year). Now, you've been a member for over 2 years now, that means over a year and a half when you saved it. So you can stop with that BS I quoted above.

I won't even start getting into the drivel that followed in the rest of your post, I think others said enough.

RSS