Forums

Help › Forums

Are Championship Games Harder?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 24 2014 12:32 PM (39 replies)
  • rqueen
    57 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 10:28 AM

I agree, a claim of it being "consistent" should not be allowed to be used EVER!  I will still say though, this game is the best choice from the games I have checked out.  I just wish that on the times where it does not "act right", at least make it appear to be realistic and even just slightly comparable to reality.  Such things as a 282 yard driver perfectly hit with a 20mph wind against my back does not go 126 yards.  Or a ball when it is putted on a side hill with a very strong break to the right, does not break to the left back up the hill.  Things like fixing those items would be nice.  However though, I guess I will continue to play on.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 11:40 AM

I think you misunderstood what "getting harder as you tier up" means!

The course gets longer, the wind gets stronger, the greens are faster, all of which require more accuracy when you take a shot, and course knowledge!

Most of that can be offset by getting better equipment with more distance, forgiveness, and higher accuracy ratings....

I found that after reaching TL, the game was harder but much more consistent with good clubs and 99% of the time I know whether or not I hit a good shot as soon as I hit it, where as before I didn't know until it landed...

A legend has it the worst until they level up to the top clubs available here...

Now the monthly Tour tournaments and RG's are different, deviation is cranked up, but for every level, not just TL's...if it wasn't you would just have a long list of low scores and everyone loses credits.

other than that you will find that with more understanding and course knowledge, you can figure out exactly what you forgot to do, or did wrong on almost every shot/putt...

rqueen:

I have been playing real golf for 25 years and never once I have I seen a putted ball roll the opposite direction of the break or the slope of the green(I have seen that numerous times on here),

Then you have never had a putt on top of a high spot against the grain and against a strong wind...LOL

I know every time I hit my 7 iron perfectly, the ball will go anywhere from about 125 - 200 yds with virtually no wind, I have seen that happen quite a few times too)

knowing all the factors such as lie, slope, and such, would help, but that would be very hard to believe from the fairway on a ding with little or no wind and your level 90 irons... 

I have my driver (282 stated yards), and several times I have hit it perfectly and it not go anywhere.  The record short distance for a perfect shot with my driver is 126 yards with a 28 mph wind coming from behind me.

That might be possible in RLG, but it impossible here unless you hit a tree, there is no way the game would allow that to happen, no setting, no deviation, nothing, if you hit it anywhere close to the ding it would go further much less ding it with a a tail wind...I absolutely guarantee you that did not happen!!!!

You couldn't hit a dinged 126 yrd drive into a uphill 28 mph headwind with a 282 driver! So what you did was accidentally hit the scroll wheel and changed clubs without noticing it...

• rqueen
    57 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 12:10 PM

Yes, I HAVE had plenty of putts on top of a high spot against the grain and a high wind.  I was speaking of a side hill putt with a strong break (say to the right) and the ball will break fairly hard up the hill which, if you have played RLG, you know is impossible.

On the 7 iron remark:  I agree with you, it is very hard to believe (everything I said is true!) but I have had it happen a number of times with me in the middle of the fairway or on the tee.  Also I have had balls go 20 yards further than what my distance for that club is marked, and done it against a 25 mile wind, in fact it happens pretty often.

Again I agree with you that it is impossible and no I did NOT hit the scroll wheel, it is fine with me if you choose not to believe it but that does not mean it did not happen.  It is impossible, I would say in RLG as well as on here but it did definitely happen on here.  As I saw it happen to me, I can absolutely guarantee you that it in FACT did happen!!!!  In fact it had happened less than 2 days prior to me posting that it happened.

I will tell you, there are enough things that happens on here, I do not need to make up anything!!!!

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 12:21 PM

A legend has it the worst until they level up to the top clubs available here...

The record short distance for a perfect shot with my driver is 126 yards with a 28 mph wind coming from behind me.

Ya totally agree there.. Legends get beat up, sh*t on, knocked down in the mud, have there lunch money stolen and never get the girl! Horrible tier.... 

I don't understand FD's reply, doesn't say anything about an uphill headwind.... 

As for that shot, well the only thing I could think of is if you cranked it with FTS and it just knuckle-balled into the dirt on you. Driver and ball combo would give better clue, but ya still... Pretty hard to see that result for sure, you could hit a wedge and almost get that distance with that wind.

In saying that.... It's just the game these days... kinda weird.  And normally I'd think it's just me if it wasn't for the fact that been playing with some very good players and during AS games or what have you seeing more of the utter 'huh? or wtf" with more regularity.

Example, had a game the the other night, champ greens on crack!! I mean crazy speeds for all 4 players, DB's were winning holes. Next game, fine. 

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 12:31 PM

dedBuNNy:

Lutjanid:

This game is way less glitchy than real golf. Like all computer games it has it's limitations. I have found some holes play slightly longer and some slightly shorter with approach shots. The easy thing is that its consistent, so once you work it out then adding or subtracting 2-3 yards on certain shots is easy. Just have to play a lot to get the feel of the game.

Well, and it's not to sound like a douche, but I don't know what kinda clubs and balls you use IRL, but if my clubs hit like or my 'game' was anything even remotely like this f*kin game? I'd have cut my clubs up into little pieces years ago. 

The word  'consistent' should be on the blacklist here, shouldn't even be allowed to type it in when it's used in that context.

You gotta be kidding. If my real life golf game was like mine on here, I'd be heading for the Golf Hall of Fame as the greatest Golfer ever and I'd be rich as hell. Our scoring here is waaay lower than real life and the it's waaay easier and more consistent.

• rqueen
    57 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 12:42 PM

dedBuNNy,

I use the "Callaway X Hot 9.5° Driver (L83+)" driver andCallaway HEX Chrome+ Balls (L45+/Legend+) and I hit the ball perfectly.  I actually sat here for a couple of minutes trying to figure that shot out.  Never did though.  I know that being as it is a computer program, that if a "glitch"(there is that dreaded word again) with the program, that is the only way I could see it happening.  Luckily that only happened to me once but all the other things, definitely more than once.  Being as it is a computer program, I know that just about anything can happen, therefore I am still playing the game since I do enjoy it.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 2:14 PM

You gotta be kidding. If my real life golf game was like mine on here, I'd be heading for the Golf Hall of Fame as the greatest Golfer ever and I'd be rich as hell. Our scoring here is waaay lower than real life and the it's waaay easier and more consistent.

Oh I'm not talking about scoring, I'm talking about the way the game plays, like the game itself.

I hit my wedges they do what they're supposed to, I don't get pitches flying greens, can't even remember the last time happened. Why? Because when I pull the 60 out, it's the 60, it doesn't flip to the 56 just as I'm shooting sometimes. lol

In saying that, if I could hit my 3wd like on here, well ya... maybe, and drive  340 yrds. 

No, I just meant the way this game is. 

I mean hell if you can par - tour grade courses, you can card and make good money without really ever doing anything spectacular. 

Ya I don't know, got me. That's a pretty lofty driver kinda known for being good in wind. 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 2:29 PM

dedBuNNy:

I don't understand FD's reply, doesn't say anything about an uphill headwind.... 

It was a continuation of the previous statement ie: not only is that impossible with a 28mph tailwind, you couldn't do it with a 28mph uphill headwind...

I've had a starter driver, a 252 yd driver, 275 yd, 282 yd, 284, and two 287 yd drivers and never hit a dinged 126 yd drive in any condition w/ any of them...I never hit a missed ding drive 126 yds in any conditions unless I hit a tree....

That's why they give new players a better driver free now, they want to encourage them to play, discouraging them doesn't sell clubs!

What he did, regardless of what he believes, is accidentally changed his club without noticing it...like you said, you can hit a wedge that far or further in that wind...

That said, this is a game...before I had to quit playing everyday I was a 7 handicap, and played better than a 7 for cash....was considered a "long hitter", even though I don't hit as long as anyone on the PGA tour, maybe 1 or 2 on the senior tour...had the best clubs all custom fitted with the latest and greatest shafts, and I never, ever, ever broke par for 18 holes...shot par, shot under par for 9 holes many times, but never for 18! I honestly don't think I could break 90 on any of the courses we play here from the tips under the conditions we get... not even sure I could break 100...so I have no illusions about how real this games is, but it sure a he!! is fun!!!

• rqueen
    57 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 2:40 PM

Only one thing wrong with that theory.  I did NOT change the club.  :)

I was going to see how much you wanted to carry on about how I changed the club but I will be nice and ask your help with something.  You said I moved the scroll wheel and changed the club while I was swinging.  If I did that, please feel free to explain to me how I managed to move the wheel and changed the club when I have a Dell mouse and there is no wheel on it?  I would be delighted to find out so I can use the "wheel" some more when it will come in handy on some other things I do with the computer.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 6:36 PM

rqueen:
    Again I agree with you that it is impossible and no I did NOT hit the scroll wheel, it is fine with me if you choose not to believe it but that does not mean it did not happen.

rqueen:

to explain to me how I managed to move the wheel and changed the club when I have a Dell mouse and there is no wheel on it?

Ahhh, did you not hit the wheel, or do you not have one?

rqueen:
    I have my driver (282 stated yards), and several times I have hit it perfectly and it not go anywhere.  The record short distance for a perfect shot with my driver is 126 yards with a 28 mph wind coming from behind me. I have way too many other instances that I could recite as well.

rqueen:

Luckily that only happened to me once but all the other things, definitely more than once.

rqueen:
    Such things as a 282 yard driver perfectly hit with a 20mph wind against my back does not go 126 yards.  Or a ball when it is putted on a side hill with a very strong break to the right, does not break to the left back up the hill.

Ahhhh, was it several times, or only once?

was it a 28 mph tailwind, or 20 mph?

But your sure you didn't change clubs and your sure it was 126 yds not 326, just not sure of anything else!

rqueen:

when something does not "act right" and I turn it in, I can guarantee you that for the next 3 - 4 games, the number of times that things will not "act right" goes up dramatically. 

OOOOOK, Nuff said!

RSS