Forums

Help › Forums

Are Championship Games Harder?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 24 2014 12:32 PM (39 replies)
  • rqueen
    57 Posts
    Thu, Nov 13 2014 1:14 PM

I bet you are a big hit at parties like that.  And as far as what I said, that is a known fact.  There would be too many people way down in the low 30's & 40's.  It is not even anything they care to keep secret, of course anyone that keeps a cat is kind of strange anyways.  ROFL

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Thu, Nov 13 2014 2:12 PM

rqueen:

Orin, one of the things to know is:  The higher up on the levels you go, the more the people controlling the game puts in more "bloops" to keep you from getting too good of scores.  I do not know how often they put them in but I know they have me set to where about 80 - 85% of my hits (not including my mishits since I do not know if they were set up with "bloops") have some kind of "bloop" in it.  I have even had a number of instances where they had those "bloops" inserted in every shot.  Those usually only happened after I turned in a problem or a complaint, so be very careful about turning those in.  I thought at first it was coincidence but when it happened every time, I decided it was deliberate.

LOL

Not even sure where to begin with this post. WGT is not out to get anyone and they do not make it harder the better you are. If that were the case, us TLs would not have sub 57 averages (and some, sub 53 averages!)

Perhaps practice on your part is required. After all, your short game is horrific, your proximity to the hole is not very good, the putting awful, and even the driving accuracy needs improvement. So, it's not a WGT issue

• rqueen
    57 Posts
    Thu, Nov 13 2014 2:57 PM

derek, I did not mean that they were "out to get us".  I was repeating what I have heard numerous players talking about.  That they had it set up to make it a little bit more difficult on each higher level to help level the playing field.  Which I truly hope is the way they have it set up because if not, that would mean that I must have made them angry or something because there are way too many abnormalities in the way the ball does.  If it was just strictly "glitches" in the program, then they definitely need to find better qualified programmers(which I do not believe they are that bad).  I have been playing real golf for over 25 years and I know how everything works in real golf and no one can convince me that even for a computerized virtual game, that the game works beyond the bonds of reality the way this game does.  And don't get me wrong on this, I like this game and that is why I play it.

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Sun, Nov 16 2014 4:10 PM

This game is way less glitchy than real golf. Like all computer games it has it's limitations. I have found some holes play slightly longer and some slightly shorter with approach shots. The easy thing is that its consistent, so once you work it out then adding or subtracting 2-3 yards on certain shots is easy. Just have to play a lot to get the feel of the game.

• rqueen
    57 Posts
    Sun, Nov 16 2014 5:44 PM

I will say that this game is way more glitchy than real golf.  I have been playing real golf for 25 years and never once I have I seen a putted ball roll the opposite direction of the break or the slope of the green(I have seen that numerous times on here), when I hit a club that I know the approximate distance that I regularly hit, it will travel that approximate distance (on here, the club that I use, I know the approximate distance it will go in conjuncture with the ball I use; whenever I hit based on the knowledge I have developed with that club and ball combination, (my 7 iron says 165 yds and with the ball I use, I hit it right at 165 - 170) and I know every time I hit my 7 iron perfectly, the ball will go anywhere from about 125 - 200 yds with virtually no wind, I have seen that happen quite a few times too)  I have my driver (282 stated yards), and several times I have hit it perfectly and it not go anywhere.  The record short distance for a perfect shot with my driver is 126 yards with a 28 mph wind coming from behind me. I have way too many other instances that I could recite as well.  One of the things that I do not like is (I am going to say that I know some people are going to ridicule what I am about to say but I have seen it happen way too many times) when something does not "act right" and I turn it in, I can guarantee you that for the next 3 - 4 games, the number of times that things will not "act right" goes up dramatically.  I really do not care why or anything like that, I am only stating what I have seen.  And all of this that I am saying is based ONLY on the hits that I hit "perfectly"!  I am really not mad about it because I enjoy playing this game and I am well aware of the complexity of the programming for this game and understand the difficulties in being able to simulate all the actions of the golf ball in flight along with everything else added to it.  And as far as adding or subtracting a little bit of yardage on certain shots I fully understand that because that is dependent upon how much higher or lower the landing area is to where it is hit from.  A lower landing surface will allow the ball to fly a little bit further before hitting the ground and a higher landing surface will cause the ball to land before the full distance is reached.  Things like that is just taken into consideration before hitting the ball, in real life or on this game.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Thu, Nov 20 2014 5:37 PM

What is a paragraph?

rqueen:

. . . I have even had a number of instances where they had those "bloops" inserted in every shot.  Those usually only happened after I turned in a problem or a complaint, so be very careful about turning those in. . . 

. . . And as far as what I said, that is a known fact. . . 

A known fact?

Do you really think WGT is going to pay an employee(s) to read every forum post and then target with 'bloops' every WGT member that posts a problem or complaint about the game in the forums?

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 2:11 AM

rqueen:
    I was repeating what I have heard numerous players talking about.  That they had it set up to make it a little bit more difficult on each higher level to help level the playing field.  Which I truly hope is the way they have it set up because if not, that would mean that I must have made them angry or something because there are way too many abnormalities in the way the ball does.

The better you get, the harder the game is to play.  The shots you/we were playing in lower Tiers are totally different now.  

As we get better and our average drops to move through Tiers the less forgiveness we have.

Putts that were dropping before,  those same putts just slide by the hole now.

Until we get the hang of it and all the good scores come back. Until your average starts to drop again and the process just starts up again.

Have Fun

-Roger

• rqueen
    57 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 6:32 AM

I know all of that, I have went through enough tiers to have learned to adjust to the difficulty changes.  I just get frustrated when balls I putt frequently roll against the break (hard right break and the ball breaks left, etc), as well as all of the other things that are not "possible in real golf" like the ones I posted before.

Thank you Roger, I do have quite a bit of fun on here which I have also said more than once on here.  With my health issues there are not a lot of things I am able to do and like I also said previously, this is the best game I have found out there.

Thank you,

Richard

• rqueen
    57 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 6:46 AM

Apex, I serious doubt they have employees read every forum post.  Considering there has only been a couple of posts that I have posted on, I did not even think about the posts I have posted on.

I was referring to the "submitting problems" link in the game.  I said whenever I turned in the "problem or complaint" which is not a post on here that I am aware of, it is only in the game.  And regardless of what it may sound like, I was not saying they deliberately and maliciously "targeted" me for turning in complaints.  I was saying it seemed strange that when I turned in those "complaint's" I started having more "abnormal shots" happen than I was having before I turned them in.  I do not care if it was done by them or not, I only stated what had happened.  And again, I actually do not care why.  If it was that big of a deal then I would not still be playing this game, it is only that it gets very frustrating is what gets to me.  When this starts happening then I just quit spending money until it gets over with.

As far as the "known fact", I find it funny that I have seen several posts where someone is explaining the "fact" of this(it is also called making it harder on each tier).  Just as Roger said to me:

"The better you get, the harder the game is to play.  The shots you/we were playing in lower Tiers are totally different now.  

As we get better and our average drops to move through Tiers the less forgiveness we have.

Putts that were dropping before,  those same putts just slide by the hole now.

Until we get the hang of it and all the good scores come back. Until your average starts to drop again and the process just starts up again."

While I do not use the correct wording, this is just basically what I have been trying to say.  I just called it "bloops" instead being able to find the correct words to use.  And all I can say is what Roger said to me; "Have fun" so;

Have fun,

Richard

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 9:23 AM

Lutjanid:

This game is way less glitchy than real golf. Like all computer games it has it's limitations. I have found some holes play slightly longer and some slightly shorter with approach shots. The easy thing is that its consistent, so once you work it out then adding or subtracting 2-3 yards on certain shots is easy. Just have to play a lot to get the feel of the game.

Well, and it's not to sound like a douche, but I don't know what kinda clubs and balls you use IRL, but if my clubs hit like or my 'game' was anything even remotely like this f*kin game? I'd have cut my clubs up into little pieces years ago. 

The word  'consistent' should be on the blacklist here, shouldn't even be allowed to type it in when it's used in that context.

RSS