Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Punishment Practices

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 31 2010 10:43 PM (3 replies)
  • Imawayagain
    1 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 6:42 PM

I'm new at this and will not get any to a higher level than amateur,...I struggled mightily on hard rock courses, with equipment issued, and understand the learning practice. Now I'm one who golfs, so I understand the "wind direction and speed",...uphill/downhill...and how the ball lies,...so I know how to compensate for a particular shot,...BUT when  I;m in the fairway ,..level lie, 14mph wind at my back....take a club that goes 127 yds max,....hit a dinger on the swing meter and the ball lands in " deep grass" ,..with the total distance traveled..."101 yards"........now that's not real golf, when I hit a bad shot, okay, I;ll pay the price,...but to have the "game" programmed in this manner is not for me,...now I know hundreds of you might say I;m nuts,..and I see a lot of great scores, so someone's doing it right,...I'm only saying that I'm not cut out for a golf game which has my shot land 5 yds in front of a green and roll 60+yards!!  ( short/mid iron)

• Daniel4or5
    1 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 8:12 PM

I must agree with you completely. Having played golf for years I find this game very unrealistic. I have also had some issues with the way the game reacts to shots I have made..The one glitch that bothers me the worst is playing one edge of a fairway to allow for wind and ring the bell, only to have the game send the ball to the opposite edge of fairway?  I also do not care for the challenges that require that you hit farther than your clubs allow, this is not golf but rather a way to force a player into buying upgrades. Consistency would be a great improvement. I can use the same club three times in a game with the same lie and get three totally different yardages with the same power and ringing the bell. Seems to me that programmers could do a better job of correcting these problems. I am also new to the game and do not know all the tricks yet. Another issue that is really upsetting is the offer to gain credits through surveys..you take the survey which takes generally 5 minutes or so. then you are told that you do not qualify for the survey, after they have all the information that they wanted.  Its just plain deception on the part of the game owners.  I for one will not be playing the game much because of this.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 8:38 PM

Unfortunately has more to do with your clubs then anything!  Try playing a round anywhere say Kiawah low wind, and hit off  the first tee with every club and record how far each club travels and then rolls out.  It takes time to restart all the time, but the knowledge gained is well worth it.  

Cheers

• Noodon
    56 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 10:43 PM

The "GOLDEN RULE of WGT"...it is in no way even close to real golf in any way. It is a video game with a platform that has it's own laws of physics, wind effect on the ball, and if you have noticed a somewhat rubberized rendition of what actually happens with a bounce or a shot into a green. The graphics attempt and do a good job of placing you on a golf course, but the rest....well....play and see.

Just learn the game and don't use any real golf logic in the game. I am a 6 handicap in real life and if my clubs and balls performed like that on a real course, I would be on CNN every day and Albert Einstein would be rolling over in his grave.

Try to have fun...but to really do well and reach the greens in regulation your going to have to upgrade and play a *** load to unlock the clubs...which is stupid but I don't make the rules...also buy different golf balls...the standard ones are like hitting medicine balls....but for some reason they sure roll like mo...fo's on the green no matter how you try to spin them

REMEMBER....NOT LIKE REAL GOLF AT ALL

RSS