Forums

Help › Forums

WGT stealing balls when hiting over water.

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 4 2014 5:38 PM (25 replies)
  • JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Nov 3 2014 4:51 PM

WInd? Note how wind seems to have little effect. 

Different scenario, but water in play. I sent this one to WGT. They reviewed it. (I assume they can tell whether it was a ding, club used, and all.) Anyway, they agreed, and probably since I asked nicely, they not only gave me the ball back, but they dropped a sleeve on me. 

WGT has always been fair and square in my dealings with them. Do I wish they'd fix the wind? You betcha. Along with a few others, but that's for other threads. 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Nov 3 2014 5:29 PM

balja:
     So  WGT steals balls!!!

Well, dang it! It's true. The thing that galls me is that they re-sell them...

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Tue, Nov 4 2014 2:12 AM

SweetiePie:

balja:
     So  WGT steals balls!!!

Well, dang it! It's true.

:-)

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Tue, Nov 4 2014 5:45 AM

JimbeauC:

WInd? Note how wind seems to have little effect. 

Different scenario, but water in play. I sent this one to WGT. They reviewed it. (I assume they can tell whether it was a ding, club used, and all.) Anyway, they agreed, and probably since I asked nicely, they not only gave me the ball back, but they dropped a sleeve on me. 

WGT has always been fair and square in my dealings with them. Do I wish they'd fix the wind? You betcha. Along with a few others, but that's for other threads. 

I'm sorry, how in the name of f*kin' everything did you get your ball replaced AND a free sleeve?! 

That's what the wind does now, you aim into it and the ball cuts right to where you aim. 

Jeeebuz f*k man, I have about 100 of those friggin shots where the ball does that. Well I'll be sending in every single one of those 'wind' shots from now on that's for sure. Hell I lost a ball like that on WC yesterday to that exact same type of shot on that bloody 3rd hole.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Nov 4 2014 4:04 PM

dedBuNNy:
    That's what the wind does now

Yep. I have one where the ball curves into the wind. Should've been dead on the stick, but left a twelve foot putt pin high. I did make it, but the tap in would've been nice. 

• HenriChinaski
    94 Posts
    Tue, Nov 4 2014 5:38 PM

JimbeauC:

Just lost my golf advisor ball on a giga mega WTF shot combo (hole 3 of the week CTTH). Ding shot, right club, right power, right aiming, 40 feet deviation against a 4 - 6 wind, directly in water. \o/

I sent them the replay via report (I'm doing that on every plausible dinged wtf shot since a moderator (Icon I think) said it was the thing to do). I have very good hope they'll do something, even if it was a free ball. ;)

The only painful thing is that I'm doomed for the CTTH this week (no good balls anymore). :/

RSS