Forums

Help › Forums

WGT stealing balls when hiting over water.

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 4 2014 5:38 PM (25 replies)
  • balja
    40 Posts
    Sat, Nov 1 2014 11:11 AM

Very strange that happens allways over water. On fw or green it does not. And I dont count rolling  only the distance to fisrt ground.contact!!!

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sat, Nov 1 2014 1:17 PM

If you want to test the water theory, load up L90 Nike balls, fire up CCC with moderate wind and go for the pin. 

mmm hm ;)

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Sat, Nov 1 2014 6:08 PM

Sometimes you land in water and some are tap in eagle putts!

I get best results knowing that , safe is better.

I have seen perfect tail wind shots go 9 yards to the water.

• DC999
    148 Posts
    Sun, Nov 2 2014 3:57 AM

dedBuNNy:

I'm not seeing the issue. You hit a 50yrd wedge with a tailwind and it went 43 yrds... sounds about right. 

You don't say what ball you used or amount of BS, but even at CB I'd expect that result pretty much.

being a new player myself mate i only just got rid of that LW starter wedge and i can tell you now it only goes 43 piece of crap it was lol  , only way you make it over with full bs anything else with starter wedges they just die.

So as for saying WGT stealing balls absolute nonsense, think i done 30 starter balls in there before i realised  that that wedge is useless. And you have to smack the crap out of it to go anywhere :)

DC

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sun, Nov 2 2014 6:07 AM

You know, psychology plays a big part in this game, both online and in RL.

If your mind is focused on the water (or the rough, or OB, or on the sand trap), guess where the ball is very likely going to go. Even worse is mentally pre-visualizing your ball going into the water.

In RL guys tee up an old shitty ball they get out of their bag and psychologically are already predisposed to hitting the ball in the water.

Negative self-speak is counter-productive. Use positive self-speak.

Instead of thinking "Don't hit it in the water!", or "Don't miss the ding!" it is better to think " Ding! it." and hit it close to the middle of the fairway, or on the green close to hole.

The hardest thing on any golf course to manage effectively is the 6 inches between your ears.

• rollone
    772 Posts
    Sun, Nov 2 2014 6:44 AM

ive skipped balls on water on a few occasions....too bad it wasnt written into this program, because it does happen sometimes

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sun, Nov 2 2014 7:32 AM

You know, psychology plays a big part in this game, both online and in RL.

If your mind is focused on the water (or the rough, or OB, or on the sand trap), guess where the ball is very likely going to go. Even worse is mentally pre-visualizing your ball going into the water.

Yaaaaa, okay... LoL 

IRL ya, most definitely +1000 If you're somewhat new to the game and you think you're going to dig your wedge into the dirt, most of the time yep, you're walking away with your hand buzzing. Once you know your clubs, it's almost hard to do that, muscle-memory being what it is. Oddly water never really bothers me, I don't really think about it, for me it's the bunker, something about the color or something. Not so bad on cloudy days as everything has a washed hue to it, on bight sunny days you look out, set up and the contrast with the between dark green and bright white locks in. You look at the ball and you brain can still see the image of that bright white 'target'. Takes some extra effort some days.

But that's real golf - This is a mediocre representation of the game and isn't subject to any of that. The only factor even remotely comes close is your brain locking onto the thought of missing the ding early or late. Which it will, as just happened to me not 30 mins ago on CCC 218yrd, 8mph l-r wind, I moved arrow for a 15mph wind, missed ding by about a bar late = ball in water.  I wasn't actively thinking about missing, just didn't over compensate enough. Even still the way the game seems to be playing, I could have been dead on and it might have still drilled my ball in the water, which has happened lot of times. I mean how many times you hit perfectly, aim, setup shot dead on and the ball sails it the rough, or water? You're not thinking about any of that. This game has too many interferences to even be bothered worrying about water. If it's that ball's 'time' then its going swimming.

Water doesn't really have any affect on this game, at least I'd be willing to bet no one coded in thermal influence properties of water into this game..... 

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Nov 2 2014 8:34 AM

dedBuNNy:
     I wasn't actively thinking about missing, just didn't over compensate enough.

You cant under over compensate something.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Nov 2 2014 9:31 AM

I think the OP used his Beginner Lob Wedge.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sun, Nov 2 2014 11:02 AM

PaulTon:

dedBuNNy:
     I wasn't actively thinking about missing, just didn't over compensate enough.

You cant under over compensate something.

Yes you're correct, in the sense that I didn't 'compensate' enough for the wind... I should have overcompensated just be super duper safe. 

LoL

RSS