Forums

Help › Forums

WGT stealing balls when hiting over water.

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 4 2014 5:38 PM (25 replies)
  • balja
    40 Posts
    Fri, Oct 31 2014 1:30 PM

When u hit a ball over water and are just a few yard over in messuring   often the distance is short. Many times when it should go well over  due to club and wind.  Example:  S:t A   had a distance of 54 yards to hole  hit with full LW = 50yards  and with 12 wind in my back. and the ball went 43!!  43!! yards and landed in the water.  This has happend many times.  So  WGT steals balls!!!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Oct 31 2014 4:12 PM

Happened to me many times before I learned to hang back 60-70 yards. When I got my 64 degree wedge I didn`t have any problem after that. #1 STA

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Fri, Oct 31 2014 5:25 PM

A tailwind pushes a ball down therefore it'll hit the ground early.

DonCaron:
    I didn`t know that Scott, Thank You

↓↓ EDIT : Cheers Don, I'm learning new stuff everyday too.  : ) ↓↓

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Oct 31 2014 5:59 PM

Here we go again, cue the usual nutters falling over themselves to agree with this crap.

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Fri, Oct 31 2014 6:19 PM

LOl , Paul !

You obviously didn't hit it 50 yards then as you thought. You sure you didn't have Flop selected or Pitch? Do you have a replay of it? Are you sure you didn't hit 50% of the 50 yard wedge? That will do it if you did because that's only 25 yards.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Oct 31 2014 6:52 PM

balja:

When u hit a ball over water and are just a few yard over in messuring   often the distance is short. Many times when it should go well over  due to club and wind.  Example:  S:t A   had a distance of 54 yards to hole  hit with full LW = 50yards  and with 12 wind in my back. and the ball went 43!!  43!! yards and landed in the water.  This has happend many times.  So  WGT steals balls!!!

Now le me see, level 100 TM with a bag that looks like it has been bought from an op shop.

This does not instil me with a lot of confidence that you have any idea of how to actually play the game.

But if you believe WGT are stealing your balls, then I guess it must be true.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Oct 31 2014 7:13 PM

Know your 3 wood landing with spin !!!

you need to know where your club lands !! and then rolls !!

A mistake we all make on conge f9 par 5 !!! 

Know where it lands !! that is key ! 

splash is it was wrong , I do that all the time.

Greed to get eagle , is the difference between bird and par.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Nov 1 2014 7:43 AM

[quote user="ScottHope"]A tailwind pushes a ball down therefore it'll hit the ground early./quote]

I didn`t know that Scott, Thank You

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sat, Nov 1 2014 9:28 AM

I'm not seeing the issue. You hit a 50yrd wedge with a tailwind and it went 43 yrds... sounds about right. 

You don't say what ball you used or amount of BS, but even at CB I'd expect that result pretty much.

• hewitrand
    2 Posts
    Sat, Nov 1 2014 9:46 AM

agreed.

RSS