Forums

Help › Forums

I give up.. this stupid play each day timer...

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 27 2014 12:38 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TrapCity
    6 Posts
    Thu, Oct 23 2014 6:47 PM

I'm sorry but this timer on this system is by far the stupidist I have seen.. I never get the timer correct.. runs short one day..long the next.. got an idea.. maybe based around your time zone??

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 10:19 AM

TrapCity:

I'm sorry but this timer on this system is by far the stupidist I have seen.. I never get the timer correct.. runs short one day..long the next.. got an idea.. maybe based around your time zone??

hi

timer shows up on top right corner of the main game screen. it's constant and matches GMT. don't let it control you. just keep an eye on it and you will be all set :)

-wgticon

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 10:33 AM

Don't forget, daylight saving time ends on November 2nd.  

I will have to remember that my new day starts at 7pm my time instead of 8pm.

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 11:05 AM

My cats change pants every chance they get. Happenchance dance prance and glance at 4.

Doesn't make sense......I know, I know.......

~txz~

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 11:11 AM

hpurey:
    I will have to remember that my new day starts at 7pm my time instead of 8pm

ME TOO. The only problem I have with it, is I dont have a free pass to keep playing after 8:00 pm

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 11:15 AM

WGTicon:

TrapCity:

hi

timer shows up on top right corner of the main game screen. it's constant and matches GMT. don't let it control you. just keep an eye on it and you will be all set :)

-wgticon

Using passes should be easy..,maintenance however ( diff kettle )

Gotta be easier for all if the pop up said....we be off in 3 hours,NOT

"Off @ 11.30 pm  Pacific time for approx 3 hours."

I then have to think...

GMT,+ 1 hour here in Spain, and is it BST or Winter .. minus 8 or is it 9 hours then...etc etc

Too much like hard work !!!

We are World customers, the onus is / should be on WGT, to not cater only for your shores ?

^ A guy in Mali, Africa, really knows or cares what time it is on Rodeo Drive ?

OR  should even have to think about it ?

The pop up should say...

" Hello, we are going to have a downtime in 3 hours" PERIOD !

And it should extrapolate to every Country on the Planet ?

Crack on, it's not rocket science

Andy

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 12:08 PM

+1

GMT is UTC 0 = Zulu time.

It's ahead of US time between 4 and 8 hours, difference changing with daylight saving time.

So, at some time between 4 pm and 8 pm of your local time, the new CDP day begins. You might want to choose a constant time of day well before or after this time to play for your CDP, and play it every day. One hole is enough.

And, to lose it is no drama - it's but a number. I was over 500 once, and now I struggle to get 50 again. So what!?!

Have fun!

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 1:34 PM

alcaucin:
    " Hello, we are going to have a downtime in 3 hours" PERIOD !

Great idea, but only if that time would have to be able to count down.  Wouldn't want them to say it 2.5 hours ago but my screen only show downtime in 3 hours. 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 2:15 PM

hpurey:
    Great idea, but only if that time would have to be able to count down.

Shouldn't be too hard to accomplish ?

After all, WGT count down the time left in RGs in hours, minutes and seconds...

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 2:48 PM

alcaucin:

hpurey:
    Great idea, but only if that time would have to be able to count down.

Shouldn't be too hard to accomplish ?

After all, WGT count down the time left in RGs in hours, minutes and seconds...

+2

• PAGES
RSS