Help › Forums

Jittery Swing Meter Bar

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 8 2014 11:18 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AZ85120
    1 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 7:05 PM

Was working smooth since beginning then recently my swing bar is totally erratic. It jumps and sometimes ignores the mouse clip.

Please help as I really enjoy this game but cannot play with it the way it is..

• xxxhogheadxxx
    949 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 7:31 PM

this might help

1) clear your temporary internet files

2) clear your browser cache

3) in game settings on WGT do the following

- set to OFF a) WGT Lessons  b) distance markers c) reflections d) putting grid  e) hole info display  f)  ball trails replay  g) flag animations  h) end of game messages

- set to NO  a) show available surveys  b)  show credit offers

This should help.   Happy Hitting  :)

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 8:26 PM

Let me be the first. 

You probably need a better browser. 

Folk will poopoo what I'm about to say. 

I've tried them all. 

Google Chrome, with all its flaws, gives me the smoothest meter. 

But. That's just me in my local condition. 

• tigerfan1506
    3,193 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 8:59 PM

Been said 1000 times, but make sure you clear cookies and cache each day,

If you dont have CCleaner or Glary Utilites, get one or both from CNET. Use them every day to clear out the junk on your computer.

Or it could be your browser. I used to use Chrome all the time, lately its terrible for me, I switched over to FireFox, and use it ONLY for WGT, and its running great.

Good luck, i know how much it sucks when the meter is so bad you cant even play.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 9:27 AM

Here are several things you can do at your end for a smooth meter.

Making sure your computer's CPU is doing as little as possible during the down swing helps smooth the meter.

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 9:32 AM

This morning the meter in my chrome browser was bad, first time in months.  Went to comodo dragon and it works great.

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 9:41 AM

You may want to try everything xxxhogheadxxx has suggested and additionally try a different web browser. All of the suggestions are spot on in terms of assisting with your Swing Meter. I hope your issue is resolved. If you still find difficulties you can contact Customer Support for more assistance. 

-WGTyphoon

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 10:09 AM

Clear your flash player, Website Storage also. I do this at least twice a week. The Videos mess me up.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 3:56 PM

There was a Java update a day or so ago.

Clear your Java cache !

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 4:37 PM

I'm curious, no one ever mentions whether they're playing in the browser window in full view mode or whether they're playing in the client window maximized. This shifts the Flash 'container' into a lower res and lower overhead mode. 

I'm not talking about running the browser in full screen mode, that doesn't do it, you have to run the client window in full screen mode, you know you are when the graphics shift, lower res, looks a bit washed out. That will almost totally smooth out any meter chatter.

You also have to flip browsers, that's just the nature of the best. I used the Maxthon Beta that has a great rep, for some reason it sucks now. Opera was awesome for a while, now I'm back on Chrome. FF is always ass for me, no matter what.

And your hardware doesn't really matter all that much.. I'm playing on a T61 lenovo laptop with an Intel chipset... 965 I believe, not the 128 nvidia model. I rarely have meter issues. When I used my SolidWorks/Gaming rig, with SLi'd 560's? Nothing but friggin issues.. plus I was cabled right to the modem on a 25/15 cable connection. Now I'm on wifi running about 10/3 so ya... lol 

If you want to see what's really going on within the client window, go create an adobe account, download Scout and run it, then open WGT, the client window and play. If you have a dual monitor setup this works much nicer as you can watch the various resources etc as they max out, dump, level off in memory etc.... 

• PAGES
RSS