Help › Forums

Scheduled Downtime tonight 10/27/2010 at 11pm

Mon, Nov 8 2010 9:16 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 5:01 AM

Faterson:
    The snacks are OK, it's a common feature in many online games, but I find them to be extremely overpriced, just like the new equipment. A club set for beginners for $50? A new putter for $17?    They must be going mad.

Nobody really needs that stuff, though.  All it does is help you perform better if you've just joined.  As long as you're willing to tough it out, that stuff won't help you at all.  It's just stuff that people who don't mind spending money can buy in order to be better players as soon as they join.

I'm not happy about seeing it in the sense that I hope it doesn't become a trend, but so long as players are a little bit patient, they don't have to spend that much money, so I don't mind much.

I do believe it is too expensive, even for people who don't mind spending money.  I honestly don't believe that people are going to buy that stuff at those prices, but I'm not mad about it either.

• PGAbound67
    565 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 5:23 AM

I think WGT screwed up the averages with the update. My average just went from 61.25 to 61.99 after I shot a 28 lol

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 5:25 AM

Yes, the snacks aren't required. There's nothing wrong with WGT creating additional optional streams of revenue, though. They do need revenue to continue developing this game.

The more worrisome trend is the overpriced equipment and, as before, introducing new game features that nobody really requested from WGT, seemingly at the expense of introducing new stroke-play courses faster, which is something that everybody keeps requesting all the time.    

• rohdem
    40 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 9:43 AM

Faterson:

Yes, the snacks aren't required. There's nothing wrong with WGT creating additional optional streams of revenue, though. They do need revenue to continue developing this game.

The more worrisome trend is the overpriced equipment and, as before, introducing new game features that nobody really requested from WGT, seemingly at the expense of introducing new stroke-play courses faster, which is something that everybody keeps requesting all the time.    

this ^^^^^^

I would add to that....at the expense of fixing stuttering meters, inconsistent distances on clubs, ridiculous wind variations affecting shots, and the JOKE that is chipping and pitching (don't hit the fringe, it has stick'em on it)

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 12:21 PM

PGAbound67:

I think WGT screwed up the averages with the update. My average just went from 61.25 to 61.99 after I shot a 28 lol

Due to the nature of the change in the calculation of averages that took place last night, you may experience a slight increase related to the first score posted after the update. This is expected behavior and you will see your average normalize shortly thereafter. 

We will keep an eye on the data, but if you find that this behavior continues, please post to the bug forum. (http://wgt.com/forums/13.aspx)

Thank You.

• chuckiee
    2,194 Posts
    Mon, Nov 8 2010 9:16 AM
    they must have the munchies
  • PAGES
RSS