Forums

Help › Forums

UEL Tour: Fall 2014 edition

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 8 2015 7:37 AM (111 replies)
  • fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Mon, Dec 22 2014 6:44 PM

Because Corwyn likes the vids, I've uploaded my 3 favourite from the Fall Series. Hope he (and maybe a few others) enjoys them!!

Congo 56

Oak 56

St A 55

Thanks once again for the great organisation and hard work C :-)

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Tue, Dec 23 2014 12:21 AM

fmagnets:

Because Corwyn likes the vids, I've uploaded my 3 favourite from the Fall Series. Hope he (and maybe a few others) enjoys them!!

Congo 56

Oak 56

St A 55

Thanks once again for the great organisation and hard work C :-)

Teach me your ways! just incredible playing

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Dec 25 2014 7:05 AM

Thanks for sharing the vids of these great rounds Mags! I'm certainly looking forward to watching them.

I just got back yesterday from a family trip, and have managed to update the spreadsheet. Rather than wait for the credit allocation (i.e. the full closing out) of last week's wk51 tourney, I've put Provisional Credit totals into the standings, figuring that with this being a holiday week, payout may not happen for a while at WGT HQ.

So, please be aware that the credit totals for wk51 St A's are an estimate. I used the FAQ payout percentage info and guessed at the likely totals. However, I wanted to give players in contention the best possible idea of what they needed to do this week, our final week in the Tour. (BTW: I'm a little disappointed that we get Oakmont for the 3rd time in this Tour! It's a pity we haven't had Olympic, RSG or Whistler at all, all great UEL challenges, and to have had 4 repeat courses is unfortunate. Hopefully, we'll get the full rotation in Spring).

The spreadsheet link is here. I'll try and get to the pictorial presentation as soon as I can (but, as you can imagine) this is a big day for the family. Merry Christmas everyone!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Dec 25 2014 4:25 PM

Latest standings after the wk51 tourney at St. Andrews... now we are down to the final week of the Tour!

In the TL tier, there was a 4-way tie at the top with 57s: eggiesworld took the tiebreaker from Santiago76, KonradOse, and Saurabh08

In Legend tier, Corwyn's 59 took the win on a tiebreaker from lisalovesthesun, with several players two shots back. Corwyn now moves into 2nd ahead of emmalinks in the Legend credit standings, but JoeMaverick still enjoys a substantial lead going into the last event, and seems uncatchable.

Also, please note the Ryder Cup qualification thread is up and running in the community events forum. For those of you that are interested in playing in the next UEL Ryder Cup event, to be held at Olympic in mid-late January, we'll be tracking who's vying for places on the US and ROW teams. I've added tabs in the spreadsheet for Team USA and Team ROW. If you don't see your name there, please post here or in the other thread so I know you want to try and make the team. Also, please note that there will be some players shown as trying for places who may not be available when January comes around, and we'll need alternates anyway, so keep pressing for your place! There's just 1 event left...

------------------

To see all the details view the spreadsheet, but for those who can't access the new Google Sheets, here are some snapshots of some of the Standings sheets here in the thread (note that they're only the top 35+ places, just what fits on my screen).

Click here to see the full google doc spreadsheet; once in the sheet, navigate via tabs at the bottom.

Right-click, open in new Tab, to see these images full-size:

PLEASE NOTE: the credit allocations for wk51 are estimates at this stage, and thus the standings involving credits are all provisional. Given the holidays, it seemed unlikely that WGT would get to closing out this tourney soon enough to help us know what we needed to shoot in the final week of the Tour, hence I have estimated the likely credit disbursement based on the payout rules in the FAQ.

wk51 Tourney: St. Andrews scores:

TL credit standings:

TL 'Relative to Par' Standings:

L credit standings:

L 'Relative to Par' Standings:

TL & L best 9 scores Combined Credit Standings:

TL & L Combined best 9 scores 'Relative to Par' Standings:

Last week of the Tour this week, and yet another visit to Oakmont, where several leading players have already posted great closing event scores.

Good luck to all still seeking a strong finish to close out the Tour, and especially to those (including myself, lol!) needing a high placing for Ryder Cup team qualification.

• mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Sat, Dec 27 2014 12:03 PM

After starting -3 through 5 (and could easily have been -4), I didn't make another birdie until #16. I missed four putts inside 8 feet and threw in a few 10-footers for good measure. The only redeeming shot was this beauty on 10 from a slightly downhill lie. (Followed immediately by a missed 4-footer for par, a missed 10-footer for birdie, a missed 7-footer for birdie, and a missed 10-footer for birdie.)

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Dec 28 2014 5:30 AM

Corwyn:
    PLEASE NOTE: the credit allocations for wk51 are estimates at this stage, and thus the standings involving credits are all provisional. Given the holidays, it seemed unlikely that WGT would get to closing out this tourney soon enough to help us know what we needed to shoot in the final week of the Tour, hence I have estimated the likely credit disbursement based on the payout rules in the FAQ.

FYI all: WGT did get to doing payout for wk51 (on Friday, I think), and my estimates for credit allocations were all correct, so, as far as I can tell, the standings are all accurate.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Dec 29 2014 6:14 AM

Well, the UEL Fall Tour ended last night with the conclusion of wk52's tourney @ Oakmont.

I'm feeling really pissed off having come to the final hole, that annoying right pin at Oakie 18, needing birdie for first place in Legend tier, which had I managed it, might have been enough to sneak past Joe into first place in the L credit standings, and also secure an automatic qualification place in the Ryder Cup team. 

This was the third time the UEL weekly single was at Oakmont in the Fall Tour, and each time I've come to the last hole with a chance to win the tourney ... and failed, lol! [wk41; wk42]

I messed up the round in so many ways earlier that I can't really hold the 18th responsible: it had been an awful start failing to birdie the first 3 holes (missed a straight uphiller from 19ft on #1, pushed the 2nd on #2 to roll back 30ft away, and got more run-out than anticipated on #3). On #4 I'd been ambitious and taken the right fairway route but then overdid my 2nd and missed out on a good eagle chance, while on #5 I got too greedy on approach and left tricky 5ft sidehiller instead of being below the hole (which, of course, I missed). Got things back on track with successive birds on 6,7,8, and a great rescue on 9 after my intended play via the front bunker found a horrible sidehill uphill lie in the sand. -4 through 9 and needing 5 birds on the back ...

Ended up with hideous sidehill downhill lie on #10 for 2nd, which went so far left I couldn't hold the green. On #11 a lousy pushed 2nd meant I had to sink from 14ft, and then on 12 I caught the worst fairway lie I'd seen there off the drive. Again an enormous aim to the left and early click wasn't enough and my 3rd was from the right rough; I aimed far off to the left of the green, and clicked early, but again had underestimated...  missed right and hacked a chip to leave another nasty 7 footer which failed to drop. Beginning to get really annoyed by this point, and the frustration was compounded by an ugly tee shot on 13 and another 15ft putt that shaved the hole. I knew for sure it wasn't my day when the 2nd to 14 was an inch from slam-dunking in for eagle, and when I got a horrible meter stop on #15 on a 3W 2nd when I'd layed up for perfect distance. Did well to save par from this spot, and kept myself in with an outside chance with another good putt on #16. Routine bird on #17 left me needing birdie on the last to tie leader on 62, but my attempted run-up 2nd downwind caught the downslope of the ridge to careen through the back and I got ambitious trying to hole out with the pitch... needless to say, I left the 9ft par try a fraction short of pace. Aaarggghh....

Here's the card:

I hope to get the spreadsheet updated and finalized today...

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Dec 30 2014 7:09 AM

The Tour spreadsheet is now updated, and hopefully final!

As with last week, rather than wait for the credit allocation (i.e. the full closing out) of the wk52 tourney, I've put Provisional Credit totals into the standings, figuring that with this being a holiday week, payout may not happen for a while at WGT HQ.

So, please be aware that the credit totals for wk52 Oakmont are an estimate. I used the FAQ payout percentage info and guessed at the likely totals. However, I wanted to see the final standings as soon as possible. Please check and make sure there are no errors.

However, there is no question about the two main results, which are our top winners, fmagnets as TL UEL Tour Champion heading the TL credits standings, and JoeMaverick as L UEL Tour Champion heading the L credits standings. Congratulations to the two of you!

KonradOse and I are in communication about the tour sponsorship prizes, so expect word on those shortly.

The spreadsheet link is here. I'll try and get to the pictorial presentation of final standings as soon as I can.

Thanks!

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Tue, Dec 30 2014 7:36 AM

Youhouh I'm the winner! :D

Ok ok fmagnets and some other tour legends are still far ahead :P

Thank you for the organization of this nice competition. It's a pity there's no more official UEL tournaments (once a week, once a month, waaaa), fortunately you are there corwyn!

I'm very excited to play the UEL Ryder cup next month. That should be a very fun competition, especially on Olympic which is, in my opinion, one of the hardest UEL WGT course (there's nothing flat, especially the 9 first holes). But I prefer playing on a hard course :)

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Dec 30 2014 2:39 PM

Here are the final pictorial Tour standings after the closing event, the wk52 tourney at Oakmont...

In the TL tier, fmagnets did it again, recording his 3rd weekly win to close out the Tour in style, and complete an emphatic season as leading TL credits winner. Daskino took 2nd place with another very strong score (a man in form!), with KonradOse and KyRock75. both posting sub-60 scores for 3rd and 4th. 

Legend tier saw a debut win on the tiebreak for new player Thraxle, while Oakmont struck again as a bogey-course for Corwyn who came to the 18th there for the third time this tour with a chance for a win, only to bogey and fall short! Impressive scores by Poncef15c and Richnow earned 2nd and 3rd spots. JoeMaverick 's 4th place was enough to hold off Corwyn, and secure the title as leading Legend Tour credits winner.

----------------------------------

Please see the Ryder Cup qualification thread in the community events forum for those of you that are interested in playing in the next UEL Ryder Cup event, to be held at Olympic in mid-late January. It tracks who's vying for places on the US and ROW teams. I've added tabs in the spreadsheet for Team USA and Team ROW. If you don't see your name there, please post here or in the other thread so I know you want to try and make the team. Also, please note that there will be some players shown as trying for places who may not be available when January comes around, and we'll need alternates anyway, so alternates may well be needed...

------------------

To see all the details view the spreadsheet, but for those who can't access the new Google Sheets, here are some snapshots of some of the Standings sheets here in the thread (note that they're only the top 35+ places, just what fits on my screen).

Click here to see the full google doc spreadsheet; once in the sheet, navigate via tabs at the bottom.

Right-click, open in new Tab, to see these images full-size:

PLEASE NOTE: the credit allocations for wk52 are estimates at this stage, and thus the standings involving credits are all provisional. Given the holidays, it seemed unlikely that WGT would get to closing out this tourney soon enough for all of us eager to know how things finished, hence I have estimated the likely credit disbursement based on the payout rules in the FAQ.

wk52 Tourney: Oakmont scores:

TL credit standings:

TL 'Relative to Par' Standings:

L credit standings:

L 'Relative to Par' Standings:

TL & L Combined Credit Standings:

TL & L Combined 'Relative to Par' Standings:

TL & L best 9 scores Combined Credit Standings:

TL & L Combined best 9 scores 'Relative to Par' Standings:

Full Tour wrap-up post and prize information to follow asap...

RSS