Forums

Help › Forums

What Happened Here?

Tue, Sep 30 2014 10:41 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 12:15 PM

I struggle playing this game already. I don't need nor want any outside help, thank you very much.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 12:26 PM

Funny one Jay, but the good and bad days is what makes this game so great, if it would be too easy , it would be boring, right ? 

If I have a day of lip outs, I can't wait to get back on the course and try do to better :) 

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 1:21 PM

siggipj76:
    if it would be too easy , it would be boring, right ? 

True siggipj. But, a tad easier would make for a nicer day :-)

I can't figure out how/why the marker moved when I clicked back to shot view. Maybe all the bad shots I've been making, and thinking I just aimed wrong were really just that marker moving when I wasn't paying attention. I've got my eye on it now, though. :-)

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 1:27 PM

When the wind is that strong Jay, you need to stick the pointy bit of the marker down into the ground quite hard to stop the wind moving it about, hehe.  : )

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 1:29 PM

ScottHope:

When the wind is that strong Jay, you need to stick the pointy bit of the marker down into the ground quite hard to stop the wind moving it about, hehe.  : )

haha never thought about that, it does explain some shots on st.andy's

nailing down the marker from now on !

thanks for that tip ;) 

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 1:30 PM

ScottHope:

haha never thought about that, it does explain some shots on st.andy's

nailing down the marker from now on !

thanks for that tip ;) 

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 7:30 PM

ScottHope:

LOL...that's a great idea Scott. When you have time, would you make me one of those virtual 3D sledgehammers? 

I was thinking about that shot, after this post, and I remembered a video (I believe you made it) about the marker moving on the green if it was out of view or something like that.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Sep 30 2014 1:16 AM

I'm sure you would like to know what happened Jay and after examining your video carefully, I can see that you have done what I tried to explain in that video of mine you mentioned.

When you clicked the reverse view camera on the minimap you can see that the aim marker is not in view because it is behind the green and out of shot. Then you moved to click the reverse view camera at the bottom of the minimap, but you must have missed it first time and clicked on the screen instead, and because the aim marker isn't actually in view, it moved to where you clicked right by the camera icon. If you stop the video at the 19 second mark you will see the the aim marker moved to where you clicked next to the camera icon at the bottom of the minimap, and that's why it jumped to its new location.

So I guess the moral of this story is, be careful if you move the aim marker so it's out of view on the main screen & thanks for posting the video Jay.  : )

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Tue, Sep 30 2014 1:30 AM

Thanks Scott. I looked at again, and that's exactly what happened. It must just be a bug (one that's not worth fixing, too).I should have never went to the reverse view, but I wanted to see if the wind was crossing the same as it looked from the normal view.

I learn something new here, every day.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Sep 30 2014 1:38 AM

No probs Jay, I just tried to replicate what happened and I got pretty much the same result as you...

....I don't think it's something that WGT will do anything about but at least we are aware of it now.   : )

If anyone wants a little more information on this idiosyncrasy, click HERE.

• PAGES
RSS