Forums

Help › Forums

RYDER CUP 2014 AT GLENEAGLES

Mon, Oct 13 2014 9:38 PM (125 replies)
  • johnman1
    1,016 Posts
    Sun, Sep 28 2014 10:27 AM

Thanks LOL for the info. its been a great win and fantastic ryder .

cheers john

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sun, Sep 28 2014 10:54 AM

Ducati916:
    what are you going to sing?

okay,,,okay...Here she is. It is time.

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Sun, Sep 28 2014 10:54 AM

Europe had the best golfers. Congrats on a real  a$$ whippen. We'll be waiting on y'all for the next Ryder Cup.

• JasonNumber100
    2,906 Posts
    Sun, Sep 28 2014 11:33 AM

If we keep winning the Americans won't want to play us anymore. I suggest a handicap system. Maybe the Americans could play from the  ladies tees and our guys could play left handed. It would give the Americans a sporting chance.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Sep 28 2014 12:04 PM

Americans played well, but never found the needed gear against a team that just played better over the weekend.  That's sport, and great to see it played it such great spirit allowing golf to be the winner as well again.

Two years is a long time, and home turf for the Americans I am sure will make it a good one.  For now the celebrations are in Europe though, and fair enough:)

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Sun, Sep 28 2014 12:10 PM

Phil ripping Watson (for his Captain's style/philosophy)  in the press conference....got a bit ugly.....

• craigswan
    31,052 Posts
    Sun, Sep 28 2014 12:12 PM

I see phil is having a go at tom,s captaincy . Apparrently azinger was the best .

That's not going to end well .

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Sun, Sep 28 2014 12:24 PM

You can't knock it stiff in the morning and completley SUCK in the afternoon and expect to win.

Like we are gonna come into their home turf and beat guys like Rory Mcilroy & Doodyson lol(SP). Gimme a break. They had the U S open winner Kaymer too.

Europe has some better talent than we do, and they kicked our ass.

I don't know about any handicaps or ladys tees or any of those  bs bully comments. I just know that whoever captains and picks these teams next time picks some hotter young players to play on the US team.

Congrats to Europe

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Sun, Sep 28 2014 1:06 PM

Did anyone see that Cantona moment from McIlroy in the singles - just wonderful.

"I am genius"

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Sep 28 2014 2:11 PM

overtheedge:

Ducati916:
    what are you going to sing?

okay,,,okay...Here she is. It is time.

LMAO - Now that was funny!

As for the cup - a great win by Europe, a pity the way Phil showed his frustration and feelings at the end.

It is always a tough ask for the USA to win in Europe as they do not play in the conditions and types of courses on a regular basis but that is not taking anything away from a great team effort - Europe were simply the better team.

I cant wait for the next one at Hazeltine!

RSS