Forums

Help › Forums

Help understanding Equiptment Stats

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 19 2014 8:25 PM (2 replies)
  • JMichels2
    6 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 4:08 AM

Does anyone know where I can find a write up or a video explaining the  stats on our  equipment? I found a thorough description of Precision. Im pretty sure I have a grasp on meter speed and Spin. I guess Im trying to find out what forgiveness, shape shot, and trajectory, balance on putters and how they are applied in the game. I know what each one means are a defined word, just not how it is applied in the game. If you know where there is a write up or video I would really appreciate it. Thanks alot.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 10:25 AM

JMichels2:

Does anyone know where I can find a write up or a video explaining the  stats on our  equipment? I found a thorough description of Precision. Im pretty sure I have a grasp on meter speed and Spin. I guess Im trying to find out what forgiveness, shape shot, and trajectory, balance on putters and how they are applied in the game. I know what each one means are a defined word, just not how it is applied in the game. If you know where there is a write up or video I would really appreciate it. Thanks alot.

hi

lets tackle these 1 by 1

1. shade shot - does not exist as of now. it's a place holder for the future - when is it coming? i do not know if it will ever come so for now, plz ignore it.

2. forgiveness - the more you have the better you are when you miss ding - as in better chance for your shot to stay on line so to say. it's not an exact measure, just more is better

3. trajectory refers to the arc of of the shot - high med/high and such are stages. highest end clubs (most of them) offer high trajectory, which allows for softer lander/less roll + ability to reach certain pins. One of the best examples is bp #2 front pin or #18 front pin. In the past, when we had med clubs, we'd land in front, and it would run 20-30ft by. Now, we can land in front of the pin and stop it.

4. balance on putters refers to the ability to stand on line over the putts length. it works better on longer putts, say 30-60+ft where you have to travel a long distance. more balance means higher chance that it will stay online. we are likely talking maybe 1-3" (my guess) over 50ft, so it'll be impossible to READ that, but that's what it offers.

these are rough definitions as I understand them, you could try searching as there is more discussion of each over the years.

-wgticon

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 8:25 PM

FAQ Home

Pro Shop

What do the Club Ratings mean?

The ratings chart rates the attributes associated with each club, such as precision, forgiveness, and spin. These ratings define how the club performs when used in the game. In the example below, the ratings for the driver you are viewing appears on the left, and for comparison the driver ratings of the driver you are using are on the right. You can see that the selected driver has better precision and more distance than the equipped driver.

Avg. Distance: Displays the average distance the ball will travel when hit at full strength on a flat surface and with no wind

Trajectory: Indicates the general height of the ball flight

Precision: Defines generally how close to the aiming point the ball will land based on where you hit on the swing meter

Forgiveness: Displays how much Distance and Precision the ball will lose if not hit perfectly

Shot Shaping: Displays the level of "workability" of the club to move the ball left or right during flight

Spin: Defines the level of spin the club will transfer to the ball. A ball with more spin will stop faster on the green

Meter Speed: Indicates the speed at which the swing meter moves, the lower the number the faster the meter will move.

RSS