Forums

Help › Forums

Introducing the new 588 RTX 2.0's

Tue, Jun 21 2016 6:00 AM (23 replies)
  • filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 10:52 AM

zagraniczniak:

I'm hanging on to my 52-, 56-, 60- and 64-degree Cleveland wedges until they pry them from my cold, dead, virtual fingers.

x2 .... took me way too long to figure out all the shots these bad boys can do ...

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 3:03 PM

if they did make a 3.5 meter cleveland wedge , I am sure that they will make them 2000 credits a piece.

Will stick to the ones I have and love.

• mukbrain
    225 Posts
    Wed, Sep 17 2014 6:17 PM

^I doubt that, unless it has 5 precision, 5 forgiveness, and 7.5-8 spin (remember, no more dots, values can be as high as infinity). That would be over 100% more than the current ones, and they would switch to ATV instead if they wanted a new club IMO.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Sep 18 2014 6:46 AM

YankeeJim:

hpurey:
     Part of my enjoyment in WGT is playing with gear that I do or have played in real life.

Dang game made me go out and get 2 CGs-the 56 and the 60 and happy I did.    :-)

LOL  When I bought the rotex 588's I was actually there to get the cg16's but they didn't have many left and none where the lofts I was looking for.

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Thu, Sep 18 2014 10:49 AM

hpurey:

YankeeJim:

hpurey:
     Part of my enjoyment in WGT is playing with gear that I do or have played in real life.

Dang game made me go out and get 2 CGs-the 56 and the 60 and happy I did.    :-)

LOL  When I bought the rotex 588's I was actually there to get the cg16's but they didn't have many left and none where the lofts I was looking for.

i got my CG's used and at a very good price , 3 for $100 .... they are not game improvement clubs and you'd better have a half decent swing ....

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 18 2014 11:28 AM

filmslayer:
    i got my CG's used and at a very good price , 3 for $100 .... they are not game improvement clubs and you'd better have a half decent swing ....

Wow. Was totally opposite for me. Took right good care of getting up and down inside 80 yards. $79 new.

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Thu, Sep 18 2014 11:42 AM

i have a problem catching them a lil skinny , you do not want to do that !!! they go a long way ...

• stecrowd
    15 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 3:20 PM

I'm a plus one with you on the max wedges.  I've got the 56 and the 60 and if I'm attentive enough to calculate and ding, I've got 100-10 yds. just about covered.  

• SplashLewis
    358 Posts
    Thu, Sep 25 2014 5:48 AM

I think the MAX SPIN wedges area must for people that use low spin balls.   I loved those irons when I used the cheaper balls.

• BigInigoMontoya
    208 Posts
    Sat, Jun 11 2016 3:30 PM

Epic necro bump!!!!!!!

Well after a significant hiatus from real life golf, not to mention a fairly lengthy hiatus from WGT golf as well, a recent Mothers Day golf outing with my Mom and Brother has given me the courage to take up the game of Golf again.  Got myself a Callaway XR Driver and 3 Wood, Nike Covert irons, and Odyssey Versa White Hot #1 putter all on sale at Dicks Sporting Goods.  And after doing a bit of shopping online, I now have a set of 56°, 60°, and 64° Cleveland wedges. Due to work and rain haven't had much time on the course or the range with these new clubs, but the summer is still young.  I did get a chance to hit a few with the 64° last weekend at the range, and I can tell I am definitely going to need a lot more practice with that one. Almost every hit a was either a worm burner or a screaming line drive -- not the high arcing 'drop and stop' wedge shot that you want. But I am playing a 9 hole Par 3 course tomorrow morning, and with my current GIR I should have plenty opportunity to work on the greenside up and down game LoL.

RSS