Forums

Help › Forums

Introducing the new 588 RTX 2.0's

Tue, Jun 21 2016 6:00 AM (23 replies)
  • BigInigoMontoya
    208 Posts
    Mon, Sep 15 2014 11:08 AM

Anyone else find themselves the victim of this brilliant troll by WGT? I saw the advert on the home page this morning, and foolishly believed they had been added to the pro shop. I suppose I should have known that no downtime = no new clubs LoL. I already own 3x Cleveland CG wedges, and even though I generally like them IMHO there is still room for improvement. They have a quicker meter than the Taylor Mades, and occasionally the spin is just too much. I've seen shots where I put top spin on the ball, only to watch it roll 2 - 3 yards backwards, taking me out of Birdie range. And that was with just a starter ball!!!!! 

If WGT is just going to repeat the G25 fiasco - same damn clubs, but prettier and more expensive - then I'll be first in line to say thanks but no thanks. But if these RTXs find their way to the virtual shop, and with better performance than the CG16s to boot, I'd certainly like to give 'em a try.

• mukbrain
    225 Posts
    Mon, Sep 15 2014 3:27 PM

5 precision/4 forgiveness/4 spin/3.5 meter speed for say, 1300 each. That's my guess. Otherwise I think they would be 600/1000c if it was a replacement for the CG16s.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Sep 15 2014 3:40 PM

Really can't see any room to improve wedges.  New name and a higher price well that I can see:)

BigInigoMontoya:
    G25 fiasco - same damn clubs, but prettier and more expensive -

Would not personally have gone as far as fiasco, but just don't see any room to move with these.  Cleves are already so good in the high spin range, and the ATVs so good anyway in the less spin range.

BigInigoMontoya:
    then I'll be first in line to say thanks but no thanks

Wait and see but thinking you may not need to be up early to be first in that line:)

Mind you I am talking all the high level gear.  WGT destroyed the lower level value Pings by deleting the 64 so maybe a super expensive alternative down there?????  WGT have not been shy on prices that's for sure.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 5:40 AM

Giving the high Cleveland's a bit better release parameter would make them perfect I think.

That would be the only reason I'd pay $10.00 per club for 'new' ones, I mean how else can you make them better?

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 8:04 AM

dedBuNNy:
    Giving the high Cleveland's a bit better release parameter would make them perfect I think.

If I am reading you right more forgiveness?

I would buy that too, but  I don't think the game wants  it, and I say that having turned a very rare probable first place in my last RG to a share of second or third with one missed wedge shot - yep a 60 yarder.  Had I dinged or missed only by a hair I was tap in close, but I never.  Disappointing as that miss was (not often that bad fortunately)that's life even if frustrating in an otherwise rare flawless round.   Almost made up of for it with an eagle at the last with another full wedge, but stayed just the  inch away.

If it's spin you refer to then I would disagree anything different is needed also.  Those clubs are A1 excellent once learned IMO.  Do what you like with them.

Back to the forgiveness though.  They are already even more precise than the ATVs and so more forgiveness j would just make the game easier.   Yes a few more players might get in the mix, but IMO just learn to get close to the ding  (or wherever choose to hit) or go with teh only slightly less precise anyway ATVs which are already slower meter and offer more forgiveness and only slightly down on the precision / spin capabilities (latter some seem to prefer anyway).  

For clarity I am saying if better means easier then by definition that's game levelling across abilities, and not the way to go at all IMO.  Currently I certainly miss pitches, punches and chip hole outs through ding missing but that's just the game ...

Just don't see the room any which way personally.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 8:31 AM

I game the 1.0's ( guess I can call them that in this case?) in real life.  Part of my enjoyment in WGT is playing with gear that I do or have played in real life.

I'd get them for sure, but only if there was some kind of change over the cg's we already have here, not just an image change (G25's for example).

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 9:03 AM

hpurey:
     Part of my enjoyment in WGT is playing with gear that I do or have played in real life.

Dang game made me go out and get 2 CGs-the 56 and the 60 and happy I did.    :-)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 10:36 AM

I've noticed over time that the Max high level wedges are rarely ballyhoo'ed or shown much respect. Perhaps it is a combination of things. The name...who/what is Max ? A product from Maxfli or a product of WGT ? Is it because players are brain-drawn toward more vaunted brand names like Nike-Ping-Taylor-Callaway, assumming they must be superior ? Or because most top players don't use Max because of the same silly reasons ? I've had all of the top wedges from Callys to ATVs and use the Max wedge set only because they are better than the other options.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 10:37 AM

I'm hanging on to my 52-, 56-, 60- and 64-degree Cleveland wedges until they pry them from my cold, dead, virtual fingers.

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 10:46 AM

Prior to expect a 2.0 version would be much appropriate if WGT grant us at least the basic version, anyway. Great discussion, some small substance update should be need needed during the year and not only 3/4 times. 

The demand increases as income.

RSS