What is WGT doing to take measures against cheaters

Fri, Oct 17 2014 9:39 PM (131 replies)
  • spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 9:08 PM

racoondad:

fmagnets:

racoondad:

So is using slow meter balls considered cheating?

No, you can humanly go and buy these in the pro shop, without the need for a specially designed bit of software to do it for you!

You can buy putter/shot pals from pro shop. You can also make your own with a piece of tape. Is this cheating? What if someone uses software to make an electronic tape on screen?

The more I think about it, the murkier it gets. Not such a black and white issue.

Hypothetically speaking, just for the sake of argument: player A uses Nike balls, player B uses free balls but use a "cheat" program to slow the meter down to the level of Nike. Is player B cheating?

The answer is actually quite complicated:

1) Just for the sake of competition, player B actually is in disadvantage due to less spin and less carry. Who's cheating?

2) From wgt point of view, player B uses something "illegal" and you can call it cheating based on the law made by wgt.

What if a third party could offer a ball that's the same as Nike and players can purchase it with reasonable price. I would not necessarily call it cheat simply because wgt says it's illegal.

What if wgt offers a 50-meter-speed ball for 10,000 cr so only a handful players can afford it. It's perfectly "legal" but I might call whoever uses it cheat.

Premium balls are essentially slow-meter programs plus more. At what degree can someone call it cheat program?

I'm not condoning the use of slow-meter program, rather to show things are not always black and white.

Wow clueless ^^^^^ this guy 

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 11:47 PM

AgentBrown123:

You all are missing the point.

Next time use a queston or exclamation mark to complete the title sentence.

You've gone here 4 times saying that we did not understand that to which you referred, but now claims that Mags get it, but Mags answer to a question from Gary and quote Alan's original on wind calculator.

But also added.

fmagnets:

IMO a cheat is something that enables you to do something you cannot humanly do, like hitting 100% of dings, or slowing the meter down to a crawl to make dinging or deliberate miss-dinging much easier.

I would like to add VEM as a reference to the counterparty.

And even.

fmagnets:

For me that would be a miracle score even if every shot was a ding. And as miracle rounds do happen every once in a while, whether dinging or not, this could just be one of those. 

I would like to add that those miracle rounds didn't happen once in a while. Happen on the usual circle (hats off for you all guys and girls) and for high levels prizes (RG including) so that might not be consider a miracle but a steadily routine and I'm sorry to have lost confidence in these miraculous results, they are not more and it's really obvious.

What he said that we all didn't ever "understand" or, maybe missing the point.
    What are you try to say to those people that they already didn't know.
    What the hell, when september ends. 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 11:48 PM

AgentBrown123:
    Starting a thread on wgt is pretty pointless apart from the fact that I hope wgt gets the point.

Not agreeing or disagreeing, but I hope what might be driven home to WGT, is they must find a way to detect this stuff going on..

If that means having to have some kind of SW on my computer in order to play..I'm fine with that.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Sep 17 2014 12:18 AM

MBaggese:
    but I hope what might be driven home to WGT, is they must find a way to detect this stuff going on..

+1

IMO the confidence is at an all time low.

MBaggese:
    If that means having to have some kind of SW on my computer in order to play..I'm fine with that.

Also +1, but with a specific caveat that this really is very competent third party verified safe.

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Wed, Sep 17 2014 12:59 AM

Fraenka,

Sorry to say but what on earth are you on!? Cocaine?!

The subject of this thread is about cheating software, not multi accounters. Please God, allow this person to use the brain you gave him!

51 on merion is either a miracle or a cheat. Dansamcam shooting a 55 with me the 3rd week in is proof enough.

I'm not calling this kid a cheater, but i want proof he isn't at this point.

We ALL know how tough Merion is.

PLEASE.....

• Adrianc29
    2 Posts
    Wed, Sep 17 2014 4:33 AM

Can only applaud ujj for score of 51, ive seen some of these tour legends play and there are some great players out there.

Perhaps we should just accept that some people are better at the game than others instead of accusing people of cheating all the time, You see the scores that are hit in ready goes in the low 50s so to shoot a 51 i say good on him and like fmags says miracle rounds do happen.

There is no reason to accuse these top players of cheating without evidence so IMO i just wish everyone would stop going on about Cheats and start enjoying the game for what it is, and worry about your own game.

If all of a sudden if you happen to shoot a 51 or 52 maybe you will stop and think that they are just better than us mortal players and it can be done :)

David

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Sep 17 2014 5:57 AM

OK guys here we go, WTF is #3 doing at #3 in the Virtual Tour standings up to date?

A 60 avg come on WGT open your eyes. This what I am talking about .

Gary (woodo) 

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Sep 17 2014 6:03 AM

And no one sees anything strange here.

1  dansamcam 102 56,421
    2  poldimaier 104 45,768
    3  LyonWoulds 97 40,952
    4  frenchconnect 100 32,964
    5  CptWomp 100 27,990
    6  Mannyankees 101 26,992
    7  fmagnets 111 25,997
    8  BolloxInBruges 103 20,516
    9  jmoney2224 110 18,792
    10  xXxjasonxXx 109 17,025
  • krskfr
    458 Posts
    Wed, Sep 17 2014 6:17 AM

Where's my name on that list mate? LOL. Calm down chap, if they cheat, they cheat, who cares, avoid them in matches or skins. To me this game would be a waste of time if you had a cheat device/software, so those that do it truly are low-lives in my book. I used to be a pretty bad player mate, but the key is learning from mistakes, and getting a feel for your putter. My average is almost at 55 and im a Tour Legend now. It takes time, but you can improve and become one of the best in the game without being called a cheater, and those that do have no proof anyways so let them whine till Kingdom come. This is only a bloody game mates, try hard at it, but dont freak out if things dont go your way. VEM does exist, even to me still, but dont get worked up over it, just try to hit the dinger as often as possible and the ball should land close to where you want it lol. Thats my advice, and to all the Haters out their, bring it mates, ready when you are. 

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Wed, Sep 17 2014 12:54 PM

Dear John,

I know that in one way or another it would end to personal, that's why stupid people write and rewrite the same whining, for years now. I'm not a cocaine addict (I was, then I found Nike balls more attractive) but you certainly represents one of those people, and mind you that until now I've always written using the utmost respect on you, so show some respect too, not to me, I do not care as you turn to me, but for what the main sponsor rapresent. I would have understood if you had complained during the Glenmorangie Cup, but continue to persevere on this occasion denotes ignorance, have at least a little bit of tact. 

I'm not your pard and you did not know me and if you won't understand what I wrote as answers here in the forum take a pen and paper, transcribe what I wrote and read it again, aloud.

Do not even try to do the pedantic or the bully, we're too far apart for a clarification, just remember that in our country (and I think in your too) we said who is without sin cast the first stone so it's up to you, you and your personal and formal accusation against another player, and that's because you have a doubt and you know that WGT will answer you that nothing strange has been detected in the reported account.

Proof for what kind of guilt.
    Because he can and you not.

I'll still have the same question for you again the same from nearly a week.
    Did you ever been called cheater, did you or not.

If the current ALS leaderman is a cheater or not should matter little to you, if you were a great player you would try to beat him with the means at your disposal, or at least you'd be quiet and without having complains.

So long, Jonh.

RSS