Forums

Help › Forums

Help with putting

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 22 2010 6:14 AM (6 replies)
  • Chummana
    23 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 4:20 PM

Ok so here it goes...Im not the best putter in the world but I really feel like Im making alot of putts that the game shows me missing.Did something change in just the last few days?I was putting pretty good a few days ago and now i cant hit an 8ft putt even straight in to save my life.Funny thing is that I started using a starter putter over my ping a bought a lil while back...and started doing real good with it...making those 8-10 ft putts with average breaks no problem really.The second I sold my ping putter I couldnt make those putts any longer with the starter putter.Can someone please give me an idea of whats going on here...Id rather blame it on me mishitting the putt but I honestly cant see how thats it...I pay attention to my swing really well and know exactly where I hit it on the meter,especially with putting.Im hitting the meter exactly the same as before but its just not rolling the same.

• AntonioBunkeras
    262 Posts
    Sun, Oct 17 2010 7:57 AM

Chummana:
    (...)The second I sold my ping putter I couldnt make those putts any longer with the starter putter.(...)
    Makes you think, doesn't it?

• Chummana
    23 Posts
    Sun, Oct 17 2010 11:07 AM

Its weird...maybe its just me...Im hitting them back to normal now...

• KJEZ
    56 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2010 11:09 PM

One tip that has helped me- the swing meter is 10 Cm long so took a strip of paper that long  and marked 25, 50 & 75% on it.  Tapped it right below the meter- my distances have been perfect ever since. 

• PRBBLUFF
    91 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2010 11:14 PM

now just make a device to tap your mouse at the perfect time and you are all good!

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2010 11:38 PM

KJEZ:

One tip that has helped me- the swing meter is 10 Cm long so took a strip of paper that long  and marked 25, 50 & 75% on it.  Tapped it right below the meter- my distances have been perfect ever since. 

If you're going to make something like a piece of paper, you might as well make it 15 cm long, and just multiply the distances by 1.5.

25% would go from 2.5 cm to 3.75 cm.
    50% would go from 5 cm to 7.5 cm.
    75% would go from 7.5 cm to 11.25 cm.

That way you could play with your WGT window sized larger.

If you're decent at math, you can just maximize it, measure the length of the power meter, and then put the marks at the right spots, even if it is, say, 14.4 cm long at that point.  (Just multiply the 14.4 times .25, .5, and .75, or whatever percentages you want.)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 6:14 AM

Chummana:
    Its weird...maybe its just me...Im hitting them back to normal now...

Now this is what makes me wonder sometimes. You're knocking the lights out with the putter one round and the next round you can't hit anything even though you don't change your method. What's up with that? 

RSS