Forums

Help › Forums

Wind indicator

Wed, Sep 10 2014 10:46 PM (26 replies)
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sun, Aug 31 2014 12:53 PM

Wiger I like the clock face on the wind indicator, how did you do that? Does it float with WGTs wind arrow or do  you have to reposition it?

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 3:25 AM

Woodoworkery:

Wiger I like the clock face on the wind indicator, how did you do that? Does it float with WGTs wind arrow or do  you have to reposition it?

Howdy 'W',

It's constant with the wind indicator - no need to reposition anything.

Cheers for 'bud' invite. Pm'd you more details.

Regards,

Johnny.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 3:28 PM

Woodoworkery:

I like the clock face on the wind indicator 

I have Kat's Calculator and it has a clock that comes w/ it that can be placed over the wind vane.

If the camera angles were consistent then the wind pointer and clock face would be easy to reference.

But many times, player view, reverse view, zoom, etc. shot angles are skewed and vary like off center, they are sometimes not parallel to 'shot on pin', or line of sight, or over the shoulder in a linear manner conducive to an exact indication of the bearing of the wind as it would relate to your shot on pin, or wherever you are aiming.

But whatever works, I have been having success w/ the method, and if there's any more I can add to help someone game, I will post in the future. That's a great animated shot, Wiger, I haven't seen that one yet.

kat's cal

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/225751.aspx?PageIndex=1

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 6:08 PM

andyson:

J, if you are saying you would figure and adjust for the wind on the above shot as 12mph at 8 o'clock I think you're ball is getting wet.

Are you sure you tested the method correctly, Andyson?  ;)   Though, my shot on Con. 6 was, generally, a little less risky for several reasons. e.g. it wasn't a 3W

The method seems to be working SO FAR...but I owe a lot to the Callaway HEX Chrome Vapor Balls (L37+) with 3.5 spin, I think players w/ irons w/ 3 or 3.5 spin may like them. (high traj. irons a plus, IMHO)

I have great results using the balls w/ 3.5 spin as the Call. 37 possess along with the G25 L59 & Nike 85 irons w/ high trajectory and 3 & 3.5 spin.

Today I used the method, the Callie yellow 37 balls, but I blew at least 2 other Eagle attempts. Tomorrow is another day.

Happy Hitting

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 9:01 PM

J, I'm glad you're having fun because that's what this game is all about!

For all our benefit let's record your stats as of today 9/7/14:

JFidanza's Approach shot stats

Green in Regulation
       60.01%
    Avg. Distance to Pin    20 Ft.

Those number should be dropping eh?

On another item...

Anyone else notice green speeds showing on recent replays taken on the single play holes?

Or were they always there and I never noticed.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 9:40 PM

andyson:

J, I'm glad you're having fun because that's what this game is all about!

For all our benefit let's record your stats as of today 9/7/14:

JFidanza's Approach shot stats

Green in Regulation
       60.01%
    Avg. Distance to Pin    20 Ft.

Those number should be dropping eh?

I don't know how that % improves. It seems frozen. Stats are weird. To make beyond level 92 in just a few months I spent a lot of time w/ xp boost juice, playing tourneys super quick just for the extra xp points but I'd 7 putt on the green because sure didn't have a calculator out.  I didn't even try to aim. the goal was to easily finish a game, no matter what the score. (I've read that this has also been done by other members. One player questioned if it were possible to have their a stats reset) 

My one putt stat is really bad,and GIR, etc but if one were to think that its % indicates that I'm a really terrible putter they would be mislead. Same for the other stats that were destroyed by my hasty RR played solely for the xp.

I wonder if there are people that can't figure that out. The best way to figure out a person's ability, generally, as far as I know, is to look at their score history.

How do I make those percentages change for the better? They seem to be at a stand still. Not that it's really essential.

ps

today 9/7/14 ? I missed my Niece's Birthday Party!      :O

edit

jfidanza:

A point to question would be why is 'perspective camera forward' different from where WGT has place the 'aim forward' axis? How is where the aim forward determined by the programmers, and why do they choose those points?

"What is the wind pointer using as the axis?" or

"Is the wind vane using the 'aim forward' as the axis?" or "Is the wind vane using 'camera forward' as the axis?"

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 10:46 PM

andyson:

Photos have perspective.  Objects in the distance are smaller.  I'm not sure I placed the vanishing point correctly in the photo but it should give the idea....

If you want to follow "camera forward"  you'd need to follow the perspective.

+1

I'm going with this, that camera forward might be the axis that the wine vane is most relating to as 'aim forward' has many different random placements that don't make sense, although they are kind of parallel. 

RSS