Forums

Help › Forums

Callaway HEX Chrome Balls (L43+/Legend+)

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 20 2014 1:38 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • PCFRASER
    111 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 1:01 PM

Good day all,

Who uses them, how many of you out there swear by them?

I have been trying to find a ball that I can use all the time. Using different balls for different courses is not the answer for me. I believe that sticking with one ball constantly is better in the long run as it allows you to map out your clubs to balls.

Many swear by the cally's lvl 33 and others for Nike exclusively. I am actually trying to find the best ball with respect to performance to cost ratio. 

The subject ball above seems to be the Cally 33 with an extra 1/2 point in distance which could come in handy. The 1/2 point decrease in durability does not effect ball performance so I think it's a win for the same price?

Please post if you use this ball and what your thoughts are on it?

Many thanks.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 1:30 PM

Personally, I'd say go with the L33.  That .5 extra distance won't be noticeable and the Legend ones aren't giftable.

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 2:42 PM

The 33's are my favorite ball for both price and performance. Meter's a little fast for my current club setup or I'd never use anything else.

• SamanthaWho
    3,403 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 3:38 PM

I use the Cally 33 spin ball, 250 credits. Very good value.

• DarkenRahl
    2,115 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 4:24 PM

Both very good, but like HP said the Legend balls aren't giftable.  I will use either in a heartbeat, but if push comes to shove the Level 33 version probably will get the most votes here.

On the issue of durability, keep in mind that the durability numbers aren't really a linear correlation.  The 1/2 point(?) less might cost you 10 or so shots per ball, not that big of a deal.

Edited to appease the nitpicking MBaggese below.  

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 6:12 PM

DarkenRahl:
    On the issue of durability, keep in mind that the dots aren't really a linear correlation.  The 1/2 dot might cost you 10 or so shots per ball, not that big of a deal.

Dots are gone now Harold...all numbers now.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 3:23 AM

PCFRASER:
    I believe that sticking with one ball constantly is better in the long run as it allows you to map out your clubs to balls

Getting married to a ball and being true to the vows are the most important decisions one can make to insure happiness and contentment. I only wish I had married the L33 instead of the RZNBlackvapor.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 4:17 AM

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 7:05 AM

PCFRASER:

Good day all,

Who uses them, how many of you out there swear by them?

I have been trying to find a ball that I can use all the time. Using different balls for different courses is not the answer for me. I believe that sticking with one ball constantly is better in the long run as it allows you to map out your clubs to balls.

Many swear by the cally's lvl 33 and others for Nike exclusively. I am actually trying to find the best ball with respect to performance to cost ratio. 

The subject ball above seems to be the Cally 33 with an extra 1/2 point in distance which could come in handy. The 1/2 point decrease in durability does not effect ball performance so I think it's a win for the same price?

Please post if you use this ball and what your thoughts are on it?

Many thanks.

Not sure how you think a 20% reduction in durability constitutes "the same price".

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 8:16 AM

tried these balls when I first became a legend

Quickly switched to the Nikes and used them to TL. Now, I use the uber Nikes. If one wants to compete, you really need the Nikes and not the Callies

• PAGES
RSS