Forums

Help › Forums

If you cannot beat them, join them !

Tue, Aug 19 2014 4:05 PM (97 replies)
  • mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 1:58 PM

Jim, you may very well be right about the advantage gained in RG's, which I've avoided like the plague since I've been here...played one last year if memory serves...I just don't see the need for the top players to use a program like this.  Now with newcomers, low-level sandbaggers and the like, might be a different case.

In the case of the top players, it doesn't seem to me that this program is doing anything they aren't already doing as far as intricate calculations and such.  Maybe it offers an advantage as far as dinging, I really don't know.

There's much irony in their disclaimer, something to the effect that it's only to be used for "fun games" but not games for credits.  In the end I think one probably gets what one pays for in more ways than one.

• rockinroland
    214 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 2:45 PM

mkg335:

Jim, you may very well be right about the advantage gained in RG's, which I've avoided like the plague since I've been here...played one last year if memory serves...I just don't see the need for the top players to use a program like this.  Now with newcomers, low-level sandbaggers and the like, might be a different case.

In the case of the top players, it doesn't seem to me that this program is doing anything they aren't already doing as far as intricate calculations and such.  Maybe it offers an advantage as far as dinging, I really don't know.

There's much irony in their disclaimer, something to the effect that it's only to be used for "fun games" but not games for credits.  In the end I think one probably gets what one pays for in more ways than one.

A DING IS EVRYTHING!!!!  Even WGT says how important a ding is. So much so if ding is missed by 1 pixel the shot will be 4 to 6 yards short. So with basic math skills a player using shot master hitting dings will be 2 yards or less every shot
    I will bet my house that most of if not all players shooting 55 are using software. I have been here almost 5 years and still cant get any better than WGT will allow me. 

• DrSlick
    142 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 2:54 PM

Woodoworkery:

Mag , even when icon sees this its too late the link is there and the damage is already done

+100

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 2:57 PM

rockinroland:

I will bet my house that most of if not all players shooting 55 are using software.

I'll happily take that bet.

• DrSlick
    142 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 3:08 PM

Jimbog1964:

mkg335:
    I sense a bit of "much ado about nothing" in all this...no great advantage to the user, but downloading and using it, especially for credit games, reveals a tremendous lack of character in the user.

I said my last go at this a while back, lol.

On this one I must fundamentally disagree with you Mark.  In some winds ding is not king I agree.  I also agree the Versa can be used to mix and match breaking putts by using some miss ding to hold a line etc.

However, in the hands of a competent player (such as you) knowing when you need to ding is also very important.  It won't make a poor player good ,but in a RG where a shot or two is huge it will (if it works as advertised) often be the difference.  

I agree with Jimbog on this one. I am a decent player but not anywhere near close to the elite level. There are certain holes because I know that I don't ding a high % of the time I take a really safe shot. The same thing goes where ever a bunker may come in to play. If I knew 100% of the time that I could ding a shot - it would alter my game significantly. 

• rockinroland
    214 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 3:09 PM

fmagnets:

rockinroland:

I will bet my house that most of if not all players shooting 55 are using software.

no way to prove or disprove you are cheating.but I'll take your word for it. lmfao 

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 3:10 PM

rockinroland:

mkg335:

A DING IS EVRYTHING!!!!  Even WGT says how important a ding is. So much so if ding is missed by 1 pixel the shot will be 4 to 6 yards short. So with basic match skills a player using shot master hitting dings will be 2 yards or less every shot
    I will bet my house that most of if not all players shooting 55 are using software. I have been here almost 5 years and still cant get any better than WGT will allow me. 

I don't understand your logic there, 'most players shooting 55 are using software', but i assume you with your best score of 57 are not, so you are the best player on here and anyone shooting a better score than you is cheating right!!!!

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 3:14 PM

rockinroland:

fmagnets:

rockinroland:

no way to prove or disprove you are cheating.

You could watch Fmags videos on Youtube and see he's not.

• kam4122
    1,695 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 3:16 PM

fmagnets:

I watched your vid posted today where you took apart SA back 9 in high wind, truly exceptional.

Folks lets not get ahead of ourselves and blanket judge those who shoot great scores, anyone who doubts the ability of the gifted few on this site should watch FM's video posted on his profile today. You will transparently see this is just play of the highest order. Jaw droppingly good.

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 3:20 PM

I can see it now, everyone going forward who shoots a low score in a tourney (EXCEPT the one's who were already doing it) will be accused of using Otto Dinger.. lmao

RSS