Massive delay on mouse click

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 30 2014 8:33 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Coban123
    688 Posts
    Mon, Aug 18 2014 11:32 PM

Hi there

I got a new PB Desktop computer a few weeks back and have not been able to play at all on this computer.

Firstly the mouse has a huge delay after clicking making it impossible to play. I've tried maxing the various speeds of the mouse through the control panel with no luck. I then used this same mouse on another computer and it was perfect, so it's not the mouse, it must be a setting of some sort?

The other issue since I got this computer is in the play window I have these two black bars on the sides of the screen, effectively squashing the screen. I've tried different resolutions with absolutely no luck. I'm using a Fujitsu Siemens LED screen, I think it's 18 inches.

I'm using Windows 8.0 with an intel HD graphics card and an Intel G1620 processor. If you need more info in order to help me with this sticky problems just let me know.

I'd very much appreciate any assistance.

Thanks

James

• ttoonnyy
    491 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 12:03 AM

What browser do you use, James?

Tony

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 12:04 AM

Have ya tried other browsers? Lot of ppl. were complaining about chrome and IE8 doing that...

try

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 12:05 AM

If your computer has a widescreen then you will have to put up with the black bars down either side as the game itself isn't widescreen, unless you want to distort the image, which wouldn't look good.

Not sure about the mouse problem,

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 12:19 AM

Coban123:
    I'm using Windows 8.0

The downside to Windows 8 and 8.1 is that it is designed primarily for mobile devices. That's why web pages won't fill the screen. I had the same problem. Took the PC back and fixed my old Vista. I also have Windows 7 which has such a smooth meter, I can't hit the ding at all. Before I took my Windows 8 PC back, I tried my "square" old Vista monitor, and the screen still had those wasted space edges.

Is your mouse cordless? I use a cheap Logitech corded mouse (M100, cost about $10.00). The cord does wear out (the thin wires inside must break) after about 6 months, though. But I have tried the more expensive mice(?) and they are no comparison to the cheap one. So, I buy 2-3 at a time.

Maybe the double-click speed can be changed to open that folder faster in the test. Sorry for not being of assistance. Just throwing my thoughts out there. Good luck, and hope you get it fixed.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 12:38 AM
    I've found that full screen with Maxthon is the best for losing black edges.
  • Coban123
    688 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 3:08 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Well I've tried IE and Chrome which on all my other computers have both worked very very well. I'll try Maxthon and see if it helps.

I'm using just a normal Packard Bell wire mouse that came with the computer, but I have used other mice from my other computers which work wonderfully well but when I use it on this computer I have the same problem.

I can deal with the bars on the side of the screen but the mouse issue is...An issue lol.

Thanks again for the feedback, will let you know if anything works.

Cheers

James

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 4:15 AM

I might be barking up the wrong tree completely with this idea but I'll put it forward anyway.

I wonder whether Windows 8 devices that have keyboard, mouse & screen as input devices suffer delays on detecting mouse clicks because the computer is scanning for inputs from all three devices, just a thought.

I did Google whether you can disable the touch screen input for a Windows 8 machine and it looks like you may be able to do that if your computer has that capability.

It might be worth looking into James. Also have a look through your control panel options to see if the touchscreen input can be disabled in some way.

• ttoonnyy
    491 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 4:25 AM

James,

try Firefox - there is talk of an 'internal' Flash plug-in in Chrome which is incompatible with the installed version

T

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 4:56 AM

Sounds like the same problem when I got my new HP...Windows 8.1

I had to try a few different browsers to play the game.   Settled on Comodo Dragon, which has worked pretty good. Chrome was way too quick.

If you or anybody else decides to download Comodo Dragon, There is 2 sites to download it from,   make sure you download it from the Comodo Site and not the other one...  That one is suspect.

Not sure what this is called...  but I had to increase zoom to 125% to fill the screen. Now it looks like what it was when I was using the old Puter.

-Roger

• PAGES
RSS